New Website?

Hyperion

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new site is very nice, I prefer the layout much more than the old one. The miniatures and greens galleries are also less clicks away which is a big thing for me as I enjoy "window shopping" on the reaper site a lot. =P

The gallery title images need adjusting though to fit in with the white background.

• Super Administrators
Here's an oddity. The "Buy Now" buttons still do not show up when I first go to the store.

If I refresh, the buttons show up. Then they disappear when the page finishes loading...

I can still put stuff in my cart, so the Javascript is still there.

The wishlist shows up for me when I am logged in as well.

Buttons are back. What I wonder is how long that was broken because the fix needed to be applied to a file that I have never edited. I suspect this has been broken for a while for most IE 6 SP2 users and was never mentioned until folks were looking for details.

Seems I spoke too soon... I'm now able to login, but my login status doesn't "stay" logged in apparently. And my wish list appears to be someone else's. Not my previously stored list at all... weirdness.

Also can't access my account/past orders because of this strange event.

This is still puzzling because my wishlists survive across log-ins and sessions on a variety of different machines and browsers using several different logins I have set up expressly for testing.

If clearing your cache and relevant cookies and making sure your settings are allowing for the creation of cookies and such within IE doesn't address this, then, yes, I'll take your login information privately in hopes that I can recreate this issue.

kit

Hey Kit. I like the new web site. I like have everything one click away. The white is a bit bright course I brighten my monitor a few days ago. I usse windows explorer Not sure what ver. Its my work computer. anyways just wanted to put my to cents worth in there. I havent done alot of exploring on the site. so I havent hit any bugs so I am not help there.

• Super Administrators
Old site looked far better. the new one looks like a geocities site.

The stores new ASYLUM logo is far too 'negative' for a mechant site.

Thank you, Frank. As always, you are the ray of sunshine in my otherwise cloudy day. :upside:

Best laugh I've had all day... geocities...

kit

If clearing your cache and relevant cookies and making sure your settings are allowing for the creation of cookies and such within IE doesn't address this, then, yes, I'll take your login information privately in hopes that I can recreate this issue.

kit

Works now. I think it must be my work computer that was the issue. I have "manual" cookie enabling set there, so it seems that might have been confusing the site when I attempted to login. Everything seems copacetic. Thanks for your response...

The black on white text is easier on the eyes.

The title bar is very nice, along with the switching preview of painted figs.

I'd think it'd be good to have that ever-changing preview on the store as well, as that is what sells figs. :) Maybe just the contact info floating to the left of the image.

The sidebar is a nice touch, better organized.

BTW, a new version (improved regex) of my sku lookup script is on the userscripts.org site. To make it have even less impact, a dedicated CGI would be great for searches... ;) If it just returned a little XML of results, and did exact matches on the SKU#, it'd return one result as intended. 014020 versus 014020a, etc....

I LOVE the new header!!! Reaper painted goodness superimposed on the Talin art - AWESOME! :wub: Seeing a version of them on the goodies page as wallpaper would be great *hint, hint*...You even got the new holiday Sophie painted by Anne in there! I wanna see bigger pictures!

the watermarks on the news page are a nice touch too!

debby ^_^