Sign in to follow this  
joshuaslater

Evil dwarf faction

I hope one day that the folks at Reaper will introduce a faction of evil dwarves--not cartoon looking like the chaos dwarves from GW, but something wicked, and short. I like the dwarf from the Broken Fodder of the Darkspawn, and I got to thinking what evil dwarves would look like; maybe with protrusions of bone sticking out of their heads like horns, cruel barbed weapons, etc. I think Reaper would do a bang up job; their Derro figures are cool, but I'd like to see Warlord have a crack at something like this. Cheers.

Charcoal grey to coal black skin with blood red armor... could be neat. I think their weapons should look very grisly tho.

I like Dwarves so this would give me the opportunity to have an Evil Dwarf army, good idea.

I gotta confess, my first reaction to this is "Oh no, we're gonna stick spiky bits and skulls all over something and call them Chaos, are we?"

Second and third reactions will probably be more reasonably stated, but I don't see the need for the faction.

There is no reason you cant convert the current line of warlord dwarves and use them in your games with the regular dwarf list. It would be tourney legal since the starting model is the correct one for the datacard. I dont know much about the world of Taltos... or if there is a place in it for evil dwarves, but it would present infinite modelling opportunities.

I definitely do not want to see skulls and spiky bits just to look like some GW Chaos incarnation, but evil dwarves do rock. From the Confrontation line you see some pretty over the top models for their evil dwarves, and they are pretty interesting, like'em, love'em or leave'em.

As for needing the faction, well, they would be an interesting counterpoint to the dwarf models already in the line. I would like to see an almost fomorian treatment of them--hunchbacks, wild piercings/scars, etc. If you've got the Darkspawn to the Elves, why not this faction to balance against the Dwarves?

I would like to see these sculpts from Matt Gubser, as he's done a bang up job sculpting dwarves for the Chronopia line, and I think he'd do well at these too, although I'd buy this army if it's done well by any of the other talented sculptors workin' for Reaper. Cheers.

I agree, take the time to do some conversions and come up with a really neat, unq. army of evil dwarves. That's the best thing about reaper in my oppinion. THEY SUPPORT CONVERSIONS. Unlike GW where I've heard horror stories about how constraining they are, here we can make changes to our hearts conent. I'd love to field my good dwarves against our evil brethern, it'd be so neat.

Dwarves are a good faction. Maybe, Just Maybe a few might go rogue, or even turn to the darkside but If they are ever caught by Honorable Dwarves They would be tortured until the end of time! Sorry I'm just waiting to see the New Dwarve Faction book. That would make me happy!!

No worries. This idea wasn't something that should come before all the faction books are done. I dig the Dwarves too. I have Dwarf armies for other game systems, and I'll prolly have one for Warlord too. Cheers.

Evil Dwarves - NO WAY ! :grr: That is too much like GW and one of the reason I liked Warlord was because it was not like GW or even resembled GW . Keep away from it . Their is going to be plenty of sub-factions and other nifty things to keep us occupied , why do something that is already done baddly . Maybe there will be a sub -faction or two for the Dwarves in the future , but that the fun of anticipation . ::P:

I'm thinking that when the Dwarves take over Taltos then all of the "liberated" people will be happy with us. We're not evil. We're benevolent masters...uh...rulers of all!! :devil:

Wild Bill :blues:

Evil Dwarves - NO WAY ! :grr: That is too much like GW and one of the reason I liked Warlord was because it was not like GW or even resembled GW . Keep away from it . Their is going to be plenty of sub-factions and other nifty things to keep us occupied , why do something that is already done baddly . Maybe there will be a sub -faction or two for the Dwarves in the future , but that the fun of anticipation . ::P:

I agree, keep away from GW. But what if like the Darkspawn had a few "corrupted dwarves". Reaper already has Derro minis, and I LOVE Derro. I actually played one in D&D. Maybe just 2-3 units, like the beastmen, as to make an appearance but it I even dont think it should be its own faction.