Sign in to follow this  
Ivarr

The Empire of Malvernis

Well 8 months of quiet is far too much...

The Stalker vs the Eidolon

The Stalker:

Faster

Cheaper

Better Armor

FiST

Eidolon:

ECM and EST built in

Better weapons

CFP

Its a CAV and CAVs are cool

Both: Same DTs and same TC's that degrade at the exact same rate.

In a straight up comparision I'd have to say that I'd take the Stalker over the Eidolon every single time.

The Stalker is clearly better for the purposes of a recon section--especially if one or two of them has ECM added. The one factor you missed is that the Stalker is soft, making it extra vulnerable to machine gun fire. The extra DV probably compensates for that though, especially with the MG45 shredder value dropped. In a fire support section, the Eidolon might win--but I think a Stalker with CFP added might be better then as well, as getting within the 24" range of the CFP will be wasting the Eidolon's improved range.

The Stalker is clearly better for the purposes of a recon section--especially if one or two of them has ECM added. The one factor you missed is that the Stalker is soft, making it extra vulnerable to machine gun fire. The extra DV probably compensates for that though, especially with the MG45 shredder value dropped. In a fire support section, the Eidolon might win--but I think a Stalker with CFP added might be better then as well, as getting within the 24" range of the CFP will be wasting the Eidolon's improved range.

If the Eidolon has CFP you would use its IA range for it not 24". You only use the 24" if the model has CFP and no IA attack.

For me, 3 Stalkers and a Nomad....good, cheap hunter-killer section.

Until they run into a Mastadon or two. :devil:

I agree, that could be an issue. :lol:

If the Eidolon has CFP you would use its IA range for it not 24". You only use the 24" if the model has CFP and no IA attack.

The Eidolon doesn't have any IAs... :unsure:

The Eidolon doesn't have any IAs... :unsure:

And what really makes you wonder why the Eidolon has the CFP is because every Fire Support Malvie unit already has a CFP. I think I would have saved the points on it given that it's CFP would only have a 24" range. Or maybe go ahead and give it some type of IA so it could join in on the fun too.

Agree with outkast, I like the Eidolon better without the CFP for the exact reasons he mentioned, all the others with longer ranges already have it.

This is one faction that I need to try and re-familiarize myself with a bit before answering. I used to like them a ton, then went sour on them for a while, but now with the beta errata changes could see some significant improvements in tactics and options.

Personally, I love the Stalker. I actually like it better cause its soft. But then again, I tend to use them head on against the big CAVs that can only wif back with their big anti-hard weapons. I dont usually run them at tanks or infantry.

I'd like to see another Recon CAV. The Nomad and Stalker make a nice pair for covering your vehicles but I'd go for something to back up a heavy armor section.

A mid priced hard target killer. The Assassin is nice but I'd love a bit of variety in the selection. I find myself wanting to pair them up with Tator '60's

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing more soft targets to use my Shredder units on ::P:

I'd like to see another Recon CAV. The Nomad and Stalker make a nice pair for covering your vehicles but I'd go for something to back up a heavy armor section.

Another recon CAV other than the Eidolon, or are you just over looking it?