World of warcraft

mooseyjoe

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno. I love playing the Warlock. I started a W-lock a week or so ago, and in that time I've gotten to 15th level in a fraction of the time it took my paladin. Playing a paladin is a real slog: the healing is great and all the buffs, but you can't dish out the damage like the Warrior, and you have NO ranged capabilities (besides the odd spell, and making dynamite with the Engineering skill). Once you get those W-lock tactics down, I find the game flows along (except for the occasional miscalculation or disaster...)

Damon.

I play Horde on Silver Hand- not too crowded, not too many kids, always get invites to group. It's supposedly an RP server, but I don't see much of that. I know four or five people that I regularly play with and we have a blast.

-Bowlt, 28 Tauren Warrior, always up for a PM...

Seems we have a lot of WoW lovers here. Me, I have a love/hate relationship with it. I played when it first came out, and had a level 60 orc defensive warrior. I was a very good instance tank. But, iplayed on a PvP server, and would regularly get ganked trying to mine ore or just travel. I didn't have ntire nights/weekends tobe online for those insane 40-man raids, and wasn't l33t enough to get in one regardless. So I quit.

A friend bought me the Burning Crusade expansion for my birthday after hearing me talk about bygone WoW days. I decided to retry WoW, but on a role-playing shard. It was fun for a while. I levelled a rogue to 62, playing him as a scout of Stormwind. But the guild I was in began to dissolve due to drama, and began sponsoring "alt guilds" so I left them and rerolled. I started up a paladin, with a backstory and the mission of reforming the defunct Brotherhood of the Horse (the name of the knights from Warcraft I). Got to 40, got my horse, and lost all desire to play.

The game is great if you have plenty of spare time to sink into it. It will quickly become your only hobby. You will not paint much anymore. You'll find yourself saying "just one more level" or "just one more run through Scarlet Monastery". You'll blink and have spent the whole night on the computer.

It's a great game in that it sucks you in. It's an awful game inthat Blizzard does not patrol their community, nor actively enforce any of their rules (afk gold farming bots anyone?). The character models lack any form of customization.

try it out for the free 10-day trial. You'll love it and be convinced to pay for it for a month. Just be careful it doesn't eat all your free time, and make sure you're really having fun, not just chasing the next best item in your levelling chain.

I cannot speak intelligently about the computer game as I do not play anything other than Madden, BUT I bought a box of boosters for each set and in the box I opened on Saturday, I pulled the Spectral Tiger loot card and that has been going for over 600 on ebay. That will fuel my ccg fever for a bit.

I have to admit it is VERY addictive. My paint stuff pretty much stays in the boxes I use to bring to group painting, which is all I've done in the past month. If it weren't for those, I'd probably be on a painting hiatus.

I was thinking yesterday that I'd paint for a bit, but I logged on instead...

They are right when they say it can eat your soul. it's sociality for anti-social types...

however, it has such a low level of skill (pretty much point and click, level, collect crap) that i didn't even make it past 1st level before i abandoned ship...

sorry, i'll play Battlefield2 online instead....

if i can't get Ugluk unglued from WoW i think i will put gaming aside for a time and just go wifing.

Just DONT let it eat your soul...okay Moose?