Teenage mutant ninja turtles minis?

twiztidjuggalo78

I was in my FLGS the other day when someone came in to see if they would buy a bunch of old mini's. well long story short paid $30 got 115 mini's and a carring case for some. While going through them to pick out the good ones I came across a piece that I swear is Yojimbo the samurai rabbit from TMTT. Ive heard that this was a RPG before it was a cartoon. Can anyone tell me if this is true or not and if they remember who made the mini's if any were made?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Usagi & his crew were made into miniature form, as I bought all of them when I shopped at discounthobby.com (before he dumped Reaper)

Stan Saaki is the writer/artist of Usagi Yojimbo, different then TMNT but they go together quite well. & yes it was a comic before the cartoon.

RM

TMNT RPG was da BOMB! I don't even realy care for whatever system that is that Rifts uses. But I loved TMNT RPG. Played the heck out of most of the published material. My favorite was Trucken Turtles. It had Ninja Shriners. The RPG was based on the comics and not on the cartoon. Just look at the cover. All the Turtles are wearing red. This leads me to belive that the RPG came out befor the cartoon.

As for the minis, I have one blister of the mad scientist and his two mutant cohorts. A rat and a bunny. That was one thing I found interesting about the minies. Minis were made for characters that appeared in the adventures! Characters that are not found in either the cartoon or the comic. Just the published adventure. I thought that was a nice touch. I would love to have a blister of Shriner Ninjas but I would like a complete set of TERROR BEARS even more. The Terror Bears were by far the hardest villians my crew ever had to defeat.

actaully the comic came out before the rpg & then the kiddieized cartoon came out, then the onslaught of TMNT stuff, now the rebirth of it all.

But yes the turtles did all look the same, except for teh various weapons they used. Also the original comic wasn't all kiddie this kiddie that, Donotello (I think that one with the sword) actually used it slice people up, not just to do parlor tricks.

I never did play a guy in the game, but I did make up a guy once, penquin genius/weapons guys. Think Batman but with bit more Punisher in him. Freind had a squirrel that could use his bushy tail as a big shield. Thought it would have been fun to play, but like most games I did in high school, we made characters & then shelved the game.........

RM