Sign in to follow this  
Rythian

Ah, Now it begins

So me and one buddy have been playing Warlord since last Christmas, we've had a lot of fun. Not a lot of variety. I also play Warhammer, and am part of a group of close to 60 Warhammer players throughout WI, I head up the Milwaukee Region. Anyhow, so over the last year, I've talked about Warlord, explained how much I liked it and why. But I was never pushy of overbearing, this guys are good guys, and know good product, they'll catch on. So last weekend, I introduced Warlord to one of the other big guys in the Milwaukee area, and thus far, 3 other people in Milwaukee want a taste. And my buddy up in Steven's Point would like me to demo it at Pointcon. Ah, patience is a virtue. Warlord looks like it's going to take off well here in Milwaukee.

I will admit to having a passing interest in Warlord but since there hasn't been anywhere to play it I haven't followed up.

PM me with more info on the 'where' part of this if you don't mind. The area of 'Milwaukee' can be a very large area at times.

Rythian you should look into joining the Black Lightning team if you havent already. Just click on the link on Reapers' front page.

I looked into it a bit ago, but I don't know of an official store in my area, and I have to finish painting the Nefsokar and Elves up, to have the two painted forces. I'm also going to talk to two stores in my area about the whole thing. So hopefully.

I'm in a similar situation to Rastl. There doesn't seem to be a lot of Warlord activity near me (DC Metro area), but I'm getting the Deluxe starter box any day now and plan on cajoling my RPG group into trying a few skirmishes with me. If it works out, and when I feel comfortable with the rules, I may try to run a demo at my FLGS. Then we'll see.