Serenity

Saint of Sinners

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen Serenity in the theater, I'm no longer laughing about the notion of Whedon's filming that cheesiest of superheroes, Wonder Woman, even if I still doubt that I'd want to see it. Buffy was magnificent TV, and Serenity was a very good flick--and not made by Fox, so I feel free to spend money on it.

Yeah, I think that there is still an issue with FOX having rights to future episodes or some such bullcrap. Whoever it was had an issue with Whedon sure did a number.

The movie wasn't the flop that some folks think it was. They just about made their money back at the box office, which is pretty good considering that the movie didn't really have any big name actors in it, and stays outside the lines of the traditional science fiction formula (no aliens, no faster than light travel, space is silent). I wouldn't count out another big screen flick just yet, but I will be just as happy with a miniseries or TV movie as long as SciFi takes no part in the making of said project. SG-1 and Galactica aside, they really aren't known for churning out gold.

Saw it in the theater, bought it yesterday (thank goodness for having a justification like Christmas to just spend money as if it just doesn't matter). Looking forward to watching it tonight with the added footage. i love added footage. The Lord of the Rings is quite the event with added footage. And even Conan the Barbarian is better with added footage.

There's a version with added footage?!?

The one I got was the same as the one in theaters, with deleted scenes in the special features. I shall have to search out this other version and sell the current one.

no, there's not an "added" footage version.

edit: i was wrong, but it's not region 1

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/784707

EDIT #2: THIS IS NOT AN "ADDED FOOTAGE" VERSION IN THE SENSE OF THE LOTR EXTENDED VERSIONS..(<<<NOT SHOUTING<<<NOT SHOUTING<<<).