Kuo-Toa?

JoeGKushner

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but they have the look of sea devils, not really Kuo-Toa.
Sorry the reaper ones are old school Kou-Toa [1E feind folio depiction]. The wotc MM Illo look like a refugee from a fishman victim of a concentration camp*.

MM35_PG164a.jpg

The chainmail figure line had one kuo-toa in that style, but was quite small.

*see The shadow over innsmouth...

Sea devils are much more lithe than those reaper figs.

I thought the chainmail Kuo-Toa were ok. They look like the artwork and are armed with spears, they are a bit small but they're supposed to be shorter than humans anyway so it's not so bad.

You get two in the House Kilsek box set and last time I checked around for chainmail figures there were still a fair few of those floating around various online stores (I guess the drow weren't too popular).

I think the Drow set was the last released, after they cancelled the line.

I bought a couple of cases of them to sell myself. They sold well (on eBay) until the plastic DDMs came out, then the bottom dropped out (the first set had a plastic version of every mini in the Klisek box IIRC). I still have a few of them around.

DS

didn't they release the big giant & other critters after the drow faction box?

when.....aghh name escapes me now (WOTC's sale site when Chainmail was sellin off) had a sale I recall seein both the drow box & the FR drow adv box set on there, I snagged the FR one due to it had the bald albino drow mini for the adventure, but I also recall seein the gaint & couple other sets as well.

RM

but they have the look of sea devils, not really Kuo-Toa.
Sorry the reaper ones are old school Kou-Toa [1E feind folio depiction]. The wotc MM Illo look like a refugee from a fishman victim of a concentration camp*.

MM35_PG164a.jpg

Ironically enough, the Kuo-Toa were also known as googles i nthat Fiend Folio entry back in the day.

The things you learn.

Been using gnoll flesh and sage and some of those colors to try and match the D&D mini version of which I have 2.