W&N Series 7

Enchantra

Get yourself a small bottle of Pink Soap, you can get it from anywhere. I bought mine at Michael's crafts. I wash my brushes at least at the end of every paint session, sometimes if I am painting all day I will wash them while I am on my lunch break.

Yeah, it's down aisle 17, section D second shelf from the floor in my store, a nice wide aisle where we store the tall one story ladders and have the artist easels on display. We have it in bottles and in that nice little bar form wrapped in paper. I've heard good stuff about the product. I get a lot of customers coming in asking for ways to keep brushes looking decent. I usually take them to this aisle and show them W&N brush cleaner, the generic brush cleaners and the pink soap. :bday: I own some of the biodegradeable non-toxic brush cleaner that I have to give a try to yet. (It comes in a white and green bottle)

As for storing them I have had the hardest time trying to find a brush case for that size of brush but when I was at the art store I saw a pencil case. It is a zip up one. It's rectangular, holds about 16 pencils, so you can hold that many brushes in it, was only a few bucks, is gen. leather, and is the perfect size for brushes. It's a small case that can easily fit anywhere, even a jacket pocket (well depending on the depth of the pocket). I used it to transport my brushes safely when going to SoCal to help Sue with the Paint and Take. It is a pencil case you can find at any art store.

Actually I have just the container for them in mind. ::D:

Down Aisle 8 middle of the aisle bottom shelf right hand side are these long wooden boxes that are a bit shallow. They are made with embossed wood. I used one for making a brush box for my friend Tonester's W&N's. He's the one who bought me my W&N's hence why they are coming from the UK. Anyways the way these boxes are made they are about a half centimeter longer on the inside dimensions of the box than the total length of a W&N series 7 brush. I plan on doing faux inlay with polymer clay on the box like I did on the one for him. :wub:

Or you know you could get your parents their own brush set for the holidays. The brushes aren't that expensive, I by mine from Dick Blick Art.

Yeah I could order them through Dick Blick for my Parents, but seeing I have all these nylon brushes they can use, and they don't paint things as often as I do, I see investing in brushes like W&N for them as a bit of a waste. That and my Father's idea of brush care is to stick the brush in water and let it sit there. :huh: Considering his age and how set in his ways he is, his method of brush care isn't going to change either. Of course seeing my Parents celebrate Christmas and it starts tonight there isn't any feasible way to order brushes online and actually get them here by tomorrow morning. :;):

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Im unable to get any Pink Soap for a couple of weeks can anyone recommend an temporary alternative until I get it. And just to clarify I use plain water to clean with until Im done then use the Pink Soap? After I rinse the final time I place the pinksoap on the bristles reshape the point and then put the plastic cap back on? Or do I need to let the brush dry for a few min before the cap is replaced?

If Im unable to get any Pink Soap for a couple of weeks can anyone recommend an temporary alternative until I get it. And just to clarify I use plain water to clean with until Im done then use the Pink Soap? After I rinse the final time I place the pinksoap on the bristles reshape the point and then put the plastic cap back on? Or do I need to let the brush dry for a few min before the cap is replaced?

If you want to use an alternative you have some choices. Hair shampoo & Conditioner, W&N cleaner, or any other marketed brush cleaner. Which of course if you get those there is no need for pink soap anyways.

Yes you clean your brush with plain water while painting and then use the pink soap when you are done. If you used the pink soap while painting I would think the soap would get into your paint. :blink: That's a mess I wouldn't want.

You should rinse out all soap before storing your brush.

After cleaning you reshape the tip. If you want to put the little plastic cap back on you can, but I would wait till after the brush has dried so that no water stays trapped down under the plastic cap and causes mold or other problems with your brush.

nice gift, you have a great freind over in the UK

I personally don't care for W&N, but maybe it's because I'm a ogre in a china shop when it comes to using them, maybe if I used them like Anne or Qwyk or the other great painters, I may end up liking them more.

I think I'm gonna order a set of Vallejos here at the end of week, maybe that'll jumpstart painting again for me.....thou I did paint some Reaper pure black on a model today (big step for me right now, ha ha)

RM