AD&D Players

King Tiger

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LoL, well i know he's big but I am too ugly to be of much use. I use precrafted bases to indicate creature size on my battle mat and, I use the 1 inch to 5 feet conversion ratio so my base for the Tarrasque is 8"x8" representing the beastie's 40'x40' recomended size for AD&D 3rd ed. So what I'm after is a figure I can place on the base that looks not too ridiculous and resembles the hulking creature's appearance. Knowing this is a tough assignment I wanted as many opinion's as I could muster. ^_^

Seems to me I read a thread somewhere (maybe ENWorld) about a conversion project for a tarrasque mini. I think they were using a Star Wars action figure from "Jedi" that was the monster in the pit that Luke fought at Jabba's palace. I don't know that they ever posted a finished figure. (Maybe FranktheDM? Not sure)

Yeah, someone converted a RANCOR model kit. The thread is lost to the ages from what I can tell (google searches lead to 404 pages).

Since the SW minis Rancor is "only" huge, you will want to check out model kits. The only one I know of is from ERTL, but I think it was a foot wide (a little big for the 8x8 base).

Yeah, someone converted a RANCOR model kit. The thread is lost to the ages from what I can tell (google searches lead to 404 pages).

Since the SW minis Rancor is "only" huge, you will want to check out model kits. The only one I know of is from ERTL, but I think it was a foot wide (a little big for the 8x8 base).

Lost? maybe on the reaperboard, but alive and kicking on ENworld and Wotc

I still need to get back to it though...

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=12861

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=236777

Looking for a figure that is worthy to represent this infamous bad boy, any suggestions from you folks?

I think it's one of those things too big to represent with a figure really. When I faced a similar problem representing something as huge as that son the table top (the kusatte iru from L5R in this case), I just cut out the shape of two large cardboard feet... I think it had just as good an effect as using a full size "miniature" would. =P

Just an update on my quest, and thanks to everyone for the info you have provided so far. I found this mini among the "Confrontation" line by Rackham, and he seems quite impressive, however the 199 Euro price tag has me tied up in knots... He can be found at www.rackham-store.com/site/medias/tarascas-GD.jpg Judging from the name of the thing i'd say they are trying to do a Tarrasque inspired monster with this thing. Only thing i dont like about the fig (other than its price) Is the bolted on armor look but its the best I have found so far!

For something like this, my only answer is Legos. Build it out of Legos and it'll be cheaper than the Rackham figure and as the PC's hack at it, you can remove pieces to simulate damage.

It also wouldn't be as heavy if made out of metal. :;):