AD&D Players

King Tiger

For something like this, my only answer is Legos. Build it out of Legos and it'll be cheaper than the Rackham figure and as the PC's hack at it, you can remove pieces to simulate damage.

It also wouldn't be as heavy if made out of metal. :;):

I use lego for all my AD&D miniature needs. You sohuld see my lego barbarian and my lego drider!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rackham one looks closer to the original legend than the TSR / Wotc critter.

It looks more like an armored dino to me. The original legend was one ugly hybrid monster, more to be pittied than feared. "The Tarasque was a sort of dragon with six short legs like a bear's, an ox-like body covered with a turtle shell, and a scaly tail that ended in a scorpion's sting. It had a lion's head, horse's ears, and the face of a bitter old man."

Well personally i pronounce it Tar-ask using the French pronunciation for a word like Masque "Pron. Mask" as my reason though i'm quite sure you'd get arguments for other ways of saying it. Maybe someone with more time than I can do a little research on this. ::):

Well personally i pronounce it Tar-ask using the French pronunciation for a word like Masque "Pron. Mask" as my reason though i'm quite sure you'd get arguments for other ways of saying it. Maybe someone with more time than I can do a little research on this. ::):

Its an argument me and my players have had for years. I have always called it a Tear-a-scue because it sounded kind of funny. My players do not think so. But Tar-ask just dose not do it for me.

Tear-assk

In my game, it is usually referred to as the Behemoth. The maliciously insane can worship it as if it were a deity.

Behemoth: The Destroyer. Alignment: Neutral (Clerics must be Chaotic Evil) Domains: Strength & Destruction. Favored weapon: any. Holy Symbol: Ruined civilization.

Tear-assk

In my game, it is usually referred to as the Behemoth. The maliciously insane can worship it as if it were a deity.

Behemoth: The Destroyer. Alignment: Neutral (Clerics must be Chaotic Evil) Domains: Strength & Destruction. Favored weapon: any. Holy Symbol: Ruined civilization.

Well you can try to find one of the 12' Sandtroopers on Dewback. That fits in very well as the world destroyer. I reaper figure is only slightly larger than one of it's toes.

According to the 3e MM:

"The tarrasque is a scaly biped 70 feet long and 50 feet tall, with two horns on its head, a lashing tail, and a reflective carapace."

You should be able to modify one of the scale Dinosaur models to fit the bill - or even use one straight away. I think the Tamiya Triceratops and T-Rex are pretty clos to the right size. With a bit of mods on the rear quarters of the Triceratops it would be easy to make it a biped. Either way, at around $10 it is one of the easiest solutions on the wallet.