Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Much more mini madness!

Yet another thought out of my brain.

Western Europes covered (ie: generic fantasy), distant Nippon is covered (ie: l5r's Clan War).

How about some minis from Ancient Cathay? I would love to have some Chinese monks and the like. (and Orc mongols, that would be very cool)

--note to self: cut oxygen to brain

--lstormhammer

Ooo,

how about some african tribal warriors, or some south seas islanders, or some siberian very-well-bundled-up-cause-its-cold-out guys.

sorry trying to catch up to 50 and join the rabble myself.

:)

cbs

Some more egyptian-themed models would be cool too.  As would (IMO) Some Aztec/Inca themed models.

And yeah, Orc mongols would kick butt... :laugh:

Actually, Kelcore: Check out 'War Gods of Aegyptus' (don't have the URL at hand) for good Egyptian fantasy minis.

Ladystorm, don't worry about it. I'm rabbling enough for everyone.

--A riot of One

--lstormhammer

Yeah!  I've seen those, they're quite remarkable, just a pain to get ahold of.   :D   *Shrug* I dunno, I've just been pretty impressed with the handful of Egyptian-themed mini's that Reaper has done so far, I'd just like to see more.

Oh, I'm not saying Reaper's doing a half-caulked(spelling altered for Censorbots) job at the Egyptian, it's pretty cool. I just listed WGoAE as a more 'off the top of my head' thing.

--Envision Whirled Peas

--lstormhammer

I've seen those other guys, quite nice.

I have some of Reapers, but I just haven't been able to work them into a game and off of the shelf.

cbs

I also was asking for other cultures to be represented. But even "europe" is not represented from classical (roman/ greek) times. Hopefully they'll fill this gap soon. I would probably buy olmec/maya/toltec/aztec minis because I love & study the history & culture, but they don't fit into my RPG nearly as often as mongols, assyrians, persians, classical roman/ greek, egyptian, other african... there's a lot to cover still, but you're right that medieval-early renaissance europe and feudal japan are best (perhaps over?) represented.

bracing for the flames...

no flames here, i do agree... i'd like to see more Norse/Rus type figures, and perhaps FANTASY types, i ran a D20 game, set in a world like earth, but humans had a roman style empire, japan was an Elven land, Gnomes ran China, Orcs had a Celtic flavour, Hobgoblins were Pictish, Dwarfs had a Norse feel, and everyone feared the Halfling mongol Wardog riders. So, perhaps a range of mini's based on fantasy races from different periods?

Would be interesting to have an "Ancient" elven line... something with very fanciful whirls and swirls on clothing and armor. (No were-squirrels)...

I agree about the elves.   I'd like to see a series of Elves that were tied in together, sort of themed like the black legionaires.  I would like to see them focus in on the Bladesinger class as well as a series of Elven wizards that are also tied to the theme.

I've always wanted to see a series of elves done in Asian garb. Elven Samurai, Elven Wu-Jen... Would be perfect for my current campaign  :p

Reaper does primarily fantasy. Is there really that much of a call for historical minis? There seems to be a glut of them in the market...

The Med-jai? wow cool idea.... ( if you ignore the islamic script and speech supposedly egyption pharoh guards used) we REALLY need more Kopesh armed figures... methinks it's time for an Egyption themed elvish horde to appear!