Much more mini madness!

ladystorm

Yet another thought out of my brain.

Western Europes covered (ie: generic fantasy), distant Nippon is covered (ie: l5r's Clan War).

How about some minis from Ancient Cathay? I would love to have some Chinese monks and the like. (and Orc mongols, that would be very cool)

--note to self: cut oxygen to brain

--lstormhammer

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also was asking for other cultures to be represented. But even "europe" is not represented from classical (roman/ greek) times. Hopefully they'll fill this gap soon. I would probably buy olmec/maya/toltec/aztec minis because I love & study the history & culture, but they don't fit into my RPG nearly as often as mongols, assyrians, persians, classical roman/ greek, egyptian, other african... there's a lot to cover still, but you're right that medieval-early renaissance europe and feudal japan are best (perhaps over?) represented.

bracing for the flames...

no flames here, i do agree... i'd like to see more Norse/Rus type figures, and perhaps FANTASY types, i ran a D20 game, set in a world like earth, but humans had a roman style empire, japan was an Elven land, Gnomes ran China, Orcs had a Celtic flavour, Hobgoblins were Pictish, Dwarfs had a Norse feel, and everyone feared the Halfling mongol Wardog riders. So, perhaps a range of mini's based on fantasy races from different periods?

I've always wanted to see a series of elves done in Asian garb. Elven Samurai, Elven Wu-Jen... Would be perfect for my current campaign  :p

Reaper does primarily fantasy. Is there really that much of a call for historical minis? There seems to be a glut of them in the market...