Sign in to follow this  
Arbiter10

"Official" DHL proxies for Warlord

Let me preface by saying that I understand the guidelines about proxying minis and that the only time "official" minis are required is during one of the Big Three cons.

Now, has Reaper ever considered designating DHL minis as official proxies for Warlord minis? I am thinking specifically about three types of minis for which there would be a justification for this: non-unique captains, sergeants, and elites. I am aware that there are alternate sculpts for various leaders being produced, but I think there are still cases where it would be desirable to have more options available. For example, for the Crusaders, Sir Conlan is the only non-unique Sgt. If I were to use multiple Conlans in a larger game, I would prefer to have the ability to have several minis available rather than only one. Another Crusader example (of an elite model) would be Halbarad. Great model, but I would rather have several choices available instead of just one.

From a practical point of view, for leaders and elites, I would spend my time and money painting and buying different models than multiples of the same. I think the DHL line is extensive enough that we could find alternate models for all of the non-unique leaders and elites that are currently in the game.

Personally, I'd rather see more non-uniques in the Warlord line itself (or just more characters to choose from). But, FWIW, here are my recommendations for Conlan and Halbarad:

Conlan:

2600 Drexel

2748 Sir David

2916 Ansel

Halbarad:

2184 Jonas Kane

2401 Thomas Bronwyn

2641 Cobart

Here's a few I use for proxies for second non-uniques :

Luther Baldwin DHL 02370 - Sir Conlan

Christina the Devout DHL 02475 - Sir Conlan (female )

Stern Kestrelman DHL 02758 - Sir Broderick

Alaine DHL 02725 - Sir Broderick , Sir Brannor & Finari

And for Dwarves I use Grimm DHL 02601 - Ivar Silverfist

There are heaps more , so feel free to proxy , proxy , proxy ! ::D::lol::B):

Thanks for the suggestions, all.

@Dragon Snack: Yeah, I remember reading posts about that. That would be really cool if it ever happens, but I have a feeling with all of the other stuff in the works, a project like that is on the back burner.

After thinking about my original post here, I figured that I should clarify a bit. The reason that I even thought of this idea was so that when people got together to play, there would be more uniformity and, therefore, recognition of proxied models. I just thought that it might make things easier. But the more that I think about it, I don't know how useful or practical this would be.

I tend to use alot of DH for my mini's because I like the overall look better for some.

Like:

2241 Spirits for my Spectral Minions.

2281 Crypt Wraith for a Railor of the Undying

2056 Draogth the Defiler (Lich on a throne) for my Moandain. Just looks cool on the board.

2081 Fog Wraith again for a Railor

2103 Murkillor the Wraith king again for a Railor (getting ready to replace this one I think for the Fog Wraith)

2181 Sirithis Succubus Princess for Syphrilia

2499 Tomb Wraith once again for a Railor (this is my Archer Sergeant, again probably going to replace)

2551 Monique de Noir as an Athak (We decided to make Athak a rank for our Vamps)

2766 Arius the Black as an Azarphan

2819 Gloom Wraith used this one as Nivar until my FLGS could get the actual Nivar model in

2834 Deladrin, female assassin as a Bloodseeker Vamp

2866 Ivan von Helstein as Lord Tharian

2960 Skeletal Warrior as an Azarphan (possibly Dauron. Since this one is hard for the store to keep in stock, I still have time to decide)

2984 Undad Constructs as Gauntfield (never did like the scarecrow look for my army. Cool oterwise)

2986 Female Necromancer as Naomi

and 2990 Crypt of the Vamipress as my Vampire Battle Totem

These are either ones I already field, or have yet to be able to field. I try to keep my stuff as obvious as possible (though I volenteer info as to which mini is which). If it is non-corporeal it either looks like a Ghost or a Wraith, period. Which is why I cannot stant the current undead cav. Bones with non-corproeal. Don't like it. This is where I actually field something non Reaper (Sorry guys). I field Ring Wraiths from LotR as my cav. Wraiths look like they have non-corporeal, and viola, the mini's fit.

Just my 2 cents. Not ecactly what the thread is about, but thought I'd share

Jareth

Just about any can fit in for Javolith or Vysa in Darkspawn, too. I particularly commend your attention to the new Dark Elf Warrior model just released (#3004, forget the name.)

There is a model with an Egyptian Priestess standing on the steps below a hieroglyph-enscribed pillar that I'm using on my Totem of Battle that I could see as a stand-in for Fatima.

And there are several Sister of Battle models that would fit in to a Mercenary army quite well. ;)

I've used 2503: Norrin Silverbeard to proxy for Gargram Heavyhand.

There was a rumor that DHL minis would get Warlord stats...

It's been a while though.

Not only should they get Warlord stats, they should remove the brocoli bases and give them flat bases since most people I know either chop 'em off or plant them on different bases anyway.

Let's see if I can remember all the DHL minis I bought to use as proxies:

Terezniya for Malek

Gabriel Darkblood as any Vampire I bloody want him to be (usually Athak)

Anduriel Brightflame for Ymrilix (my Overlords are Equal-Opportunity)

I was going to get the Ritterlich Vampire Mage for Tharian

I know I have more, I'll have to look in my orphaned mini case...

I've used 2503: Norrin Silverbeard to proxy for Gargram Heavyhand.

There was a rumor that DHL minis would get Warlord stats...

It's been a while though.

Not only should they get Warlord stats, they should remove the brocoli bases and give them flat bases since most people I know either chop 'em off or plant them on different bases anyway.

This has been discussed before, and the market appears to be about 70/30 in favor of those who leave the broccoli bases on. So sorry. Invest in a good pair of clippers and a dremel.

Not sure if this is what you are talking about but -

I stand in the DHL skeletons quite a bit for the Warlord skellies as they hold up to rough and tumble play better. I also use Icks and Arrick as Sgts as they are suitably bony.

Since I am using Anhurians as Templars there are options for me as far as clerics, sgts and warlords go.. ie King Denathal = warlord, Prince WhatsHisPuss = Captain and so on.

I'm using all the DHA Malveris and Black Legion figures for Overlords, and Spike has about forty DHA orcs for additional Lesser Reven. I was a player of the old DHA Apocalypse game before Warlord came on the scene, and I'm reusing everything for our very large games.