Minnesota Roll-Call

twjolson

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, where in Minnesota? There's a lot of us and we're not the smallest state, so if you're in Ely, Minneapolis, Duluth, Grand Marais, International Falls, there's a big difference. There's a few stores around the twin cities where D&D is run that I know of, namely the Source and Phoenix games. I don't know about the rest of the state......

My in-laws are in Fridley, we go to visit 'bout once a year. Every time we go I end up getting lost trying to find a store. I see them in the phone book, but get turned around. The only other city I've had that much problem navigating was Washington DC. Don't know what it is, but I just keep losing my bearings there.

As far as Minnesotans I know, we have me (and my husband who has the handle masterodisaster, but hasn't posted yet), Buggeye, Jester, GusLandt, AngelaLandt (but they're moving in March) and kodiak. We're all in the twin cities, 4 of us in St. Paul, the rest in Minneapolis suburbs. We have a few stores that do well with Reaper products-

1)the Source in Falcon Heights (a suburb of St. Paul)-they carry ALL Reaper products: DHL, Warlord, Box Sets, Exalted, CAV, pro paints, MSP. website is www.sourcecandg.com They also have the largest all around selection of gaming related products

2)Phoenix games in Minneapolis-they carry Pro paints (but NOT MSP) box sets, Warlord, DHL, Exalted, Cav.

3)Dreamers in St. Louis Park (a suburb of Minneapolis). They carry DHL, Warlord, and Boxsets. They will order anything out of the Reaper catalog for you.

All of these stores have something to do with D&D, but to my knowledge, only the Source has open D&D gaming. The others have tables you can reserve for your game, but it's kind of pre-made groups who may or may not be looking for new players. All three stores sell WotC merchandise. The Source has a board where you can post notices looking for games or looking for players for your game.

If there are other stores in the state, I don't know of them, but then I never have to go further than whichever of the 3 local stores I happen to be closest to because if I want something Reaper and they don't have it in stock, they'll get it for me.

Minnesota's pretty much a cold frozen wasteland with not all that much going on, but those of us here are trying.......

Minnesota's pretty much a cold frozen wasteland with not all that much going on, but those of us here are trying.......

Being from MN myself I was a gamer there for many a year. As far as painting goes I am not sure I know of any groups that paint there on a regular basis though. I am in Chicago right now, but I do have alot of friends there that a few might be interested in getting a group together if you are interested? I am from the Coon Rapids and Brooklyn Park/Center area. I am now living in Chicago but I can make a few phone calls to find out if there is at least some interst :) I know the Source is an excellent place to go to for most things gaming though. In a pinch also Shinders is a good place to go to at least buy a D&D book or other RPG item. (at least it was when I was living there) Good Luck! :)

p.s I am planning on moving out there once again in a couple of years hopefully.. maybe even sooner.