Help Fixing a photo

I just got back from a family ski trip in CO and the group photo I took is much darker than I thought is was going to turn out. I have very very weak skills when it comes to fixing photos. Anybody willing to help me out?

I am attaching alink to a smaller version of the picture for a reference. I would like to email the original pic in the larger format.

Photo

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from a family ski trip in CO and the group photo I took is much darker than I thought is was going to turn out. I have very very weak skills when it comes to fixing photos. Anybody willing to help me out?

I am attaching alink to a smaller version of the picture for a reference. I would like to email the original pic in the larger format.

Photo

It is an easy fix. All you need to do is adjust the levels to correct for the exposure (the picture looks underexposed to me).

If you don't have Photoshop (or equivalent), I can do it for you.

No question about it, it is underexposed. I am bummed because my test shot is properly exposed, I am not sure why there is such a drastic difference, but that is life.

I had played with the exposure, but I still think the picture is too red. I amplaying with the hue right now. I will post a link to the redone photo and ask for feedback.

OK, here is the touched up photo.

I am mad because they decided to take this picture as we were walking out the door on our way to the airport, and now that I look at the photo, I realize that I did not re-adjust my F stop from earlier pictures. The back row is not as crisp as they should be, but they are still in focus so I lucked out.

OK, here is the touched up photo.

I am mad because they decided to take this picture as we were walking out the door on our way to the airport, and now that I look at the photo, I realize that I did not re-adjust my F stop from earlier pictures. The back row is not as crisp as they should be, but they are still in focus so I lucked out.

The photo looks alot better!!