Sign in to follow this  
stickman

Deathmatch 750 tourney

Hail all reptus.

Saturday is a 750 pt. deathmatch at Hobbytown in cols oh.My son and I are playing , he is fielding necropolis,I am fielding REPTUS . as if there is anything else. It si going to be a five model max. no monsters . here is my list what do you think?.

Khong-to GMW,GMA 396

Ni-khanon LMA 160

Ra-am MMW 83

Ssudai 3 ice shards, 1 slow 85

739 totl.

havent yet decided where to put last 10 pts.

Grrrrr.

First, gotta give a bit more detail than just Hobbytown in cols.

Seeing your post count, I am assuming that you are new to the game and are still learning it.

I say this because I see that you have a list of 1 warlord (that has the ability to lead 2 elites) with 3 elites and zero troops in the list.

If all you and your son are doing is using it to learn the game, then by all means go at it and have fun. If you are actually trying to field a proper unit, well then, you have to drop one of those elites and add some grunts and/or adepts to make it legal.

As for the list itself. Obviously, those are some powerful people. But, remember that your enemy could load up with somewhere in teh neighborhood of 20-25 guys and surround you.

One last note, Ssudai is nice if you actually have some spells worth using. Ice shards are good for "secondary" spells (spells to use after you have used up your big spells). But, personally I prefer to use him with at least one fireball or firestorm.

First, gotta give a bit more detail than just Hobbytown in cols.

Seeing your post count, I am assuming that you are new to the game and are still learning it.

I say this because I see that you have a list of 1 warlord (that has the ability to lead 2 elites) with 3 elites and zero troops in the list.

If all you and your son are doing is using it to learn the game, then by all means go at it and have fun. If you are actually trying to field a proper unit, well then, you have to drop one of those elites and add some grunts and/or adepts to make it legal.

As for the list itself. Obviously, those are some powerful people. But, remember that your enemy could load up with somewhere in teh neighborhood of 20-25 guys and surround you.

One last note, Ssudai is nice if you actually have some spells worth using. Ice shards are good for "secondary" spells (spells to use after you have used up your big spells). But, personally I prefer to use him with at least one fireball or firestorm.

If I read this correctly Stubbdog, he's playing the Deathmatch scenario. No unit/troop restrictions.

As for your list, if you're following the concept of the Deathmatch, then no gear or spells are allowed. All is given by the items foung in the arena.

Though 750 points and up to 5 models sounds wild. I did one Monday night with 500 and 3 models. I fielded Judas, Douron, and Osric (Necropolis) and my opponent fielded Orba, Lupine Lord, and Lupine Shamen (Mercenary). It was very cool

Jareth

Ok, well, sorry, I am not familiar with that particular scenario.

So, I guess I cant comment completely since I do not know the rules of that. But, my opinion on using Sudaii without either a big spell or an casting upgrade, still holds.

IF nothing else, at leat give sudai a familiar to get his spells back, if you dont upgrade his casting skills.

If you are taking on someone else who is also going to be basicaly taking their highest point value characters, then most likely they will have a better than the normal 10 MD as well.

Hehehe. Really glad that people are using my scenario. how'd it go?

Using it to great glee. Especially when my main opponent would live and breathe HALO if his wife would let him.

Thought up a few additions too.

Good work. :B):

Jareth