Looking for an Excuse

Redfeild

Got my firstMSP's yesterday. Pearl White and sparkling Amethyst. It was an impulse buy. I was actualy in to replace my Pro-Paint Troll Flesh and Granite.

My Troll Flesh had some how turned the consistancy of, well, Troll Flesh and my granite was just nasty. I had never used my Granite befor. I opened the bottle and not only had the pigment settled to the bottom (the cap actualy as I like to store my paints upside down) but there was this nasty brown film that had settled between the cap and the paint. Ick. As it had been weeks since I bought it I opted to just buy a new one. But this is not realy what I wanted to talk about.

Sparkling Amethyst is beautifull! I'm comparing the collor of Pro-Paints Purple Steel and MSP's Sparkling Amethyst and there is no contest. The Amethyst has a much richer collor to it. Not the I do not like the Pro-Paint. Its purple, its shiney, its good. But the Amethyst! :wub:

Now I have a slight problem. What am I going to paint with the Amethyst? Any suggestions?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to your bottles of paint that have some issues, contact Jay at [email protected] and she'll take care of you.

As for what to use your new paint on. Have you tried painting a Dragon in Amethyst purple? :;):

I'm not going to worry about the bad paints. I'v got all the pro paints and know thats the exception and not the norm. I'v already replaced them myself. It is nice to know that there is customer service if I did want to go that rout.

As for the dragon. I have painted three. My first was a Ral Partha wich I painted...purple! Kind of funny huh? The second was with the Dragon Strike miniatures bord game. Standard Red. The last was a small Frost Dragon who brand I forget. Sky Blue and white.

I added the Frost Dragon to a Mini's board game called Dragon Fire. It buged me that the game was called Dragon Fire yet there was no Dragon except on the cover. The dragon the is being refered to in the adventure book was the Ice Dragon! So where is the fire? Anyway, I searched for a dragon the was not to big or to small, painted it and added a bonus adventure at the end of Dragon Fire. Still no fire but I'm done adding mini's to that game.

As for future dragons, I will not be doing any more in the near future. I want to improve my technique a bit befor tackeling a dragon.

Sparkling Amethist is a very cool color. I also got it on impulse when I first saw it.

I'm using it for the armor color on Finari. Haven't thought of anything else to use it on though.

I'm thinking seriously of useing it for the eyes on the Frog Demon I put together and primed last month. I'm thinking Sparkling Amethyst for the whites of the eyes, Bright Gold Pro-Paint for the ireses wich will be shaped kind of like a goats, and Dragon Black or Steel Plate for the black center of the eye. If I go this rout its going to be very difficult for me to paint but it will be worth it if I succede.

If you ever paint any GW eldar, a shortcut to making the truly obscene numbers of gems look pretty would be a lifesaver. I'm also experimenting with using coloured metallics (old, old, citadel colour ones, the type still sold by Coat d'Arms) to do some bits on my Kryomek. (aside to the gallery: BTW if you're interested in Kryomek for scifi miniatures, Kryomek USA has incorrect contact details on their webpage. PM me for more info.)