Pagoda of jade

mooseyjoe

I made this totem from an old necklace, some sculpy, and some chopsticks. The bottom part and roof are sculpy. The claw and rock are from an old necklace that I clipped apart. I tried to use a marbleing technique on the jade that some of you guys pointed me too, and it came out OK. Thanks for all advice and criticism.

trollfamilyandstuff006edited2h.th.jpg

Look!!! it's been ransacked!!!!!!!!

trollfamilyandstuff007edited3b.th.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it..especially the necklace stone. You've done right well with the sculpey-roof too. Goodwork on the jade too.

I'd like to see more Battle Totems done by other folks too. The fact that players are encouraged to make their own is something I really like about Warlord.

I can't wait until I can convince my wife that I neeeeed to play Warlord and make a Throne of Bone (I think that's the right one for the Reven).

Excellent work on the marbling, very convincing. Similarly that's some good Sculpey-fu on the roof.

Minor nitpick from somebody who grew up listening to old man complain about there not being a square or plumb corner anywhere in the house, it looks like some of the posts aren't quite straight, but as long as they support the roof.

Whats worse than the beams being crooked is that the roof is way off. The side facing the camera in the first shot is signifigantly shorter than the opposite side. No-one notices unless they look straight down at it, but sense it sits on a table at waist height, that happens alot.

mooseyjoe I agree with some others that you tend to sell yourself short....i really like this piece and the inconsistancy of the beams gives it character....and in no way takes away from the fact that this is a very well done piece.