Ever have one of those nights?

Rastl

I didn't quite glue my finger to the mini I was working on but it was a near thing. This is after cleaning every one twice since somehow I seem to be oblivious to mold lines on the most obvious places on the figs! *sigh* And ditto with primer, every one had missed spots.

Ever have one of those nights when it just doesn't pay to go near your minis?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, I've started cleaning the minis, leave 'em for a day & look for more mold lines, repeat until two nights in a row I don't find a mold line. It's just that easy to miss 'em.

The only time I get 'em every time it's a figure that I'm prepping tons of...

Yah?

The past entire year has been like that Rastl...

Last fall I painted up the Earth Elemental for TFT. I had the thing on newspaper out on the back deck to Dullcote it. The paper I had it sitting on was folded so any breeze wouldn't catch it. Dad saw it and told me he wanted the paper covering the table entirely (Read: wind will catch it). So I changed it because heaven forbid some dullcote get on that old weathered wooden small (one foot wide) picnic bench. Next thing I know after spraying it I hear Mom say, "Your thing fell on the deck." I go out there. Thankfully the Dullcote had dried already and none of the paint had scratched off, but I was upset and then Dad had the Gall to say, "Well you had it on the deck." I wanted to Throttle him, especially since I have to spray prime and seal outside because they don't want me doing it in the garage.

I had another mini break...

Then I almost got a pin vise in the hand...

So yeah it's been strange...

Well I did give up last night and just closed the door on everything.

Today I was able to clean up some more mold lines, realize others I thought were mold lines were actually figure detail, and use the Dremel without mishap.

But I'm trying to assemble 2747 (Jean-Paul DuChamps, Werewolf) and his right arm just isn't cooperating. There's no real reference for how that thing is supposed to attach and the picture on Reaper has that side turned away. Go figure. <_<

The others all went together well enough and are drying/curing/sulking.

Thanks for sharing stories. Made my night seem not so bad.

I put about an inch of spring steel through my index finger when dry fitting a pin-job and talking on the phone with a friend at the same time.

I also routinely superglue my finger to either the base or the mini almost every time assembly is required.

My Reven army truly is a part of me, or at least I am a part of it :devil:

I have yet to assemble a mini without gluing my finger to something, usually the base. I just pop it off and keep going. Then at the and of the night I spend a longwhile with the nail polish remover bathing my skin in harsh chemicals to remove the glue.

The worst i have seen was the time when my dad was using an exacto to unclog a bottle of zap-a-gap. The clog came out, the knife cut through the top of the bottle, the end shot forward, and he had to go to the emergency room so that they could remove an inch of razor blade from the space between his thumb and fore-finger. Then he spent an hour filling out legal forms saying that he had not been stabbed through any means involving crime. Finally we got home, and the bottle (which had been left lidless in all the commotion) had reclogged itself with dried glue.

If I'm putting minis together and don't glue myself to something then something is wrong.

I was once showing my brother how to put minis together and he didn't realize he had glue on his fingers and went to scratch his eyebrow. THere is nothing funnier than your brother with his finger superglued to his forehead.