Sign in to follow this  
FuzzyIzmit

Blue Dragon WIP

I wanted to prove that I am working on this still, but life just keeps getting in the way (ya know...weddings...school etc). I am not finished with little, well, snack but I wanted to show him off before I attempt to do the wine bottle. I think I am going to name this whole piece when I am done either "One Last Job" or "Send in the Red Shirts!"

post-1355-1150863835.jpg

post-1355-1150863874.jpg

post-1355-1150863896.jpg

Dunno how I missed this one back when you first posted it! It really blows me away! ::D:

Fuzzy, any chance you can tell me what primary colors you used on the dragon, particularly the head? The dark blue, purple and red look so vibrant! Are they Valejo Game colors?

That is going to look so good when you are done with it. Did you ever figure out the problem with the primer? Those blues, purples and reds really look good together. The dude above looks good too, but that dragon is just, WOW.

Colors...colors...just a sec (rumbling through boxes noise)...For the blues it depends on which section I am on. I have three colors of blues that I use...VGC Night Blue, VMC Flat Blue and VMC Medium Blue. I use VGC Night Blue and VCG Coal Black for the darks regardless of what midtone I am using, then highlight up with VMC Ivory, but with the large scales I highlighted up from blue (Medium Blue and Night blue) through purple (VGC Royal Purple and Hexed Lichen), then reds with a touch of orange (VGC Gory Red and Hot Orange). The mouth is black base with purples highighted up with VMC Old Rose.

See why I cant paint the whole thing over again because of a primer issue.....I would go insane!

Thought I would give you guys a little sneak peak of the base (Since my fiancee drilled the holes but didnt tell me, I can finally start to work on it!) Not as big as the Teronus WIP, but I hope it will look as good. I am going for old abandoned castle (the floor is going to be marble) and large piles -o- gold.

The lighting in the pics suck, but you get the idea on size etc.

post-1355-1151124784.jpg

post-1355-1151124819.jpg

Very nice Fuzzy :) I have been following your progress on Viridius, and I must say I think the colours are absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to see this one finished. Keep up the awesome work :)

I used pink foamed stacked on top of one another then a foam cutter to shape the piles.

I wish that I had made the black veins smaller, but you live and learn :)