Henchmen and hirelings

rustylynx

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The stable boy or whoever takes cares of your mounts when you stay at an inn.

A few shop keepers.  It'll just be nice to see a few who are carring wares.  

Gambler.

A blister of children doing various things?

These would be nice, but I wonder if the current townfolk blisters are selling well.

"A trap springer"......Hey Jerry, strike a pose!

Good ideas, all! Farmers, woodsmen, non-adventuring clerics, fancy dressed nobility would all be good additions for game play. I like "crowds" on my gaming table. Having figures for all the NPCs around a streeet fight or stagecoach robbery sure makes the players think before casting that fireball or firing that blunderbuss.

I agree Steven, but my players seem to think "ah, more innocent victims... "

"Whilst every effort will be made to avoid civilian casualties, as we're so busy trying to avoid shooting our own side these civilians will have to make as good a job of ducking as they can" - said a spokesman earlier.

Slightly off topic: I just bought some "O" scale model railroad cattle. they fit in perfectly with my Reapers.

Coming soon at a Gaming Table Near Me: "Lonesome Dwarf"-the epic tale of a glorious attempt to drive a herd of Auroches north to the Dwarf Kingdoms....

This is gonna be cool..... :oo:

Slightly off topic: I just bought some "O" scale model railroad cattle. they fit in perfectly with my Reapers.

Coming soon at a Gaming Table Near Me: "Lonesome Dwarf"-the epic tale of a glorious attempt to drive a herd of Auroches north to the Dwarf Kingdoms....

This is gonna be cool..... :oo:

And you're going to have to follow it up with "Fistful of Gold Pieces."

And the next would be "A Few Silver More."

And finally, "The Good, The Evil, and The Low Charisma."

:blues:

...Followed by "Dances with Werewolves",

Back on subject, I'm going to try to convert one of the Herefords to look like a Gasgow Highland cow, with long horns and shaggy fur. As my avatatr shows, i'm hooked on anything Celtic. Some non-warrior Celts would be nice to accompany the best fantasy Scots available anywhere.....

I just noticed that KenzerCo. is about to release some of these too. I think the "sacrificial torch-bearer" is pretty funny. I wasn't sure about the scale of the metal magic stuff, so I ordered one to compare. I think the metal magic sculpts are hit or miss, but Discount Hobby/Dragglestown has never let me down.

Kenzer & Company's miniatures are 36mm scale (bottom of foot to top of head). I did some comparisons between Reaper's and Kenzer & Company's miniatures and the results follow:

I compared the Dark Heaven Legends (02559) Dwarven Brewmeister and patrons  to Kenzer & Company's (4074)Dwarven Battle Mage male  and found the scale to be essentially identical.

In comparing the D H L (02470) Kobold Raiders to K&C (4083) Kobolds the tallest of the Reaper Kobolds was identical in size to the K&C ones.

D H L (02448) Dancing Girls was to scale with K&C (4080) Human Magic-User male and slightly taller than K&C (4099) Human Cleric female. D H L (02548) Merchant and Henchman was the same height as K&C (4099) Human Cleric female, but undersized compared to the male wizard I mentioned.

This should give anyone who owns minis I have mentioned some idea on how the lines compare to each other. :cool: