Sign in to follow this  
Feanor

WIP GW Brettonian Damsel

Hey well here is a couple shots of my wifes (Erin) first mini

Any feedback and tips would be most appreciated

especially by me Im tryin to keep her interested and all in the mini racket

post-1659-1138069979.jpgpost-1659-1138070082.jpg

Pretty dang good for a first mini. Looks like she's got highlighting fabrics down, a little more practice on the skin and hair and she'll be good to go!

She might want to venture into washes and dark-lining. Those techniques would help to bring out the details of a sculpt and help define the different areas and colors.

The cloak looks very cool. How'd she do that?

Along with the suggestion to wash and highlight the skin & gown, she might want to try painting the ribbon on the spear the same way she did the cloak. Hitting the spear haft with the same black as used on the hair would be cool. (I'd probably do the spear haft before doing the ribbon.)

I agree with everyone else, love hte cloak, really has some depth to it, espically the curl in the front in the 2nd pic

good start!!!

RM

She is off to a great start. I do highly suggest that you show her some of the tutorials in "The craft" section of Reaper's website.

http://www.reapermini.com/TheCraft

Also search around, many of the people who post here also have websites with tutorials on them of how to do certain techniques.

Start off simple and work your way up, don't try rushing advanced techniques before you know you are ready to try them.