Sign in to follow this  
Spartan6

Demo CAVs

There's been some discussion lately about how to demo CAV so I thought I'd show you all what I've been doing lately. Experience has shown that people can pick up the basic mechanics of CAV very simply but they stumble over all the Special Abilities. What seemed to be needed was a CAV that had one of each type of attack and only one SA, which is "AOE" for it's indirect attacks.

These are extremely unofficial but the data cards I use come from a reliable source. :ph34r:

As an aside these are prototypes X-02, X-03, X-04 and X-05. X-01 still resides at the factory for testing of internal components and has not ever participated in field trials. It's been christened the Hoplite by it's design team.

These are painted in high visibility colors to draw the eye of not only the evaluators but any potential clients. The paint schemes were left simple intentionally.

Without further ado... The HOPLITE

post-835-1138120839_thumb.jpg

post-835-1138120870_thumb.jpg

post-835-1138121117_thumb.jpg

These started as Spartan CAV blisters. I ordered two Warlord arm sprues for the missile pack on top and two Sovereign arm sprues for the left arms. The Spartan left arm was cut at the "elbow" and the Sovereign missile pack grafted on. The Warlord missile packs were cut off, filed and just glued on top. The Spartan has a couple little raised spots that lift the missile pack up a bit.

It requires very little effort and grinding really. ::): There's no pins in it, the super glue holds it all together pretty well. These were based with Woodland Scenics flock and then sprayed with Krylon Matte Sealer. The krylon is the best matte sealer I've found so far. Nice and flat when it dries.

Rumors from the design bureau indicate SyRam my be working on something similiar based on a Raptor chassis. :ph34r:

Yeah Gladiators.. "duh" :wacko:

Rumor has it, Hoplite X-01 is yellow and has "Student Driver" scrawled across it's back by some wag at the paint shop.

Right now the stats for them are in beta testing to decide on the best course of action.

the guys have been looking at different configurations using the same stat card for each faction so you don't have to have just one type of model to demo.

Mad Pat

Cool. I really like the purple one. What colors did you use?

These were all primed in white and I used all MSP's. If I remember correctly they were Blood red and Fire red, Sapphire blue and True blue, Imperial purple and Amethyst purple and I can't remember if I used the Olive greens or the Cool greens. A little Honed steel and Shadowed steel on the weapons.

Nothing fancy, I kept them simple on purpose and wanted bright colors to draw the eye.

Rumors coming out of SyRam's "Skunk-Works" say that SyRam execs were not pleased by H-M making it to market first with a training CAV and that their own offering may be unveiled this weekend. It's alledgedly based on a Raptor chassis and a one-armed Falcon was seen being moved from one hangar to another. :ph34r:

Right now the stats for them are in beta testing to decide on the best course of action.

the guys have been looking at different configurations using the same stat card for each faction so you don't have to have just one type of model to demo.

Mad Pat

Ok, that's pretty solid. Next Time I put in an order to the online store I'll be getting enough parts to build at least a pair of hoplites.

Do we have a Line on the Adonese version?

oo oo oo Jeff...can I build the SyRam version?

It can be Wussy McRunhide Jr!

Jamie

hey, If you want to donate CAV's to the demonstration cause, who am I to argue?

Untill the new sculpts for reach the market our only adon light right now that could be used is the spider which would then require us to add a few SA's for multileg CAV's Thus defeating the purpose of a one SA training CAV. There are also no Malvi lights to use as well.

For now we have prototypes for Templar, Terran, Ritterlich and Rach.

Mad Pat