1st Reaper Con...

Remy Soujirou

Hi, everyone:

Just to get the intro out of the way, my name's Remy, I'm 27 and I've been painting since Spring Break last year off and on (inbetween school/work/etc.). I'm originally from Boston, MA, but have been living in the Bay Area for a few years now. During my first visit to EndGame in Oakland, CA, I met Finn Kisch (a very talented painter and Golden Demon winner). We talked for a long time about painting and then he invited me to his painting group -- The Inner Circle. I've attended two meetings the past few months and finally met some of the great painters I've always read about; Reaper's own Laszlo and Derek to name but a few. Knowing that they freelance for Reaper at times, I found out about this year's Reaper Con and am eagerly looking forward to attending it.

I'm sure the games are fun and I'd like to play them at some point in time, but for me, it's all about the painting. Laszlo was kind enough to fill me in on what I could expect if I were to attend, but I was wondering if there were any other details on classes/seminars and their respective costs.

It may seem crazy, but if I can have the opportunity to paint/sculpt/learn and simply hang out among the best in the biz for three days straight, the time and money will be more than worth it in my eyes. Can we pre-register for classes to make sure we get in? I'm currently teaching myself a lot of the advanced techniques such as wet-blending, feathering, layering and freehand, but to be able to take a class on it would be awesome. ^^x

I'm about to purchase my pre-registration ticket for the Con, but want to get the hotel/travel plans out of the way as well. I take it there is an airport in Denton, TX, yes? If need be, I can stay at La Quinta by myself, but it'd help if I could share the cost with some other people. That, and if I could carpool with anyone that'd be great. I like to sleep, but when it comes to a con, which I haven't been to in a long, long time BTW, I'm too excited to sleep much. There's just too much stuff to do. =)

Any help/suggestions for my first Reaper Con would be helpful. Thanks, everyone. ^^x

-Remy Langlois

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if there were any other details on classes/seminars and their respective costs.

not yet, no, I'm sorry. We're hoping to finalize things in a short time to have them posted quickly.

Can we pre-register for classes to make sure we get in?

tickets will be on sale for those shortly.

want to get the hotel/travel plans out of the way as well. I take it there is an airport in Denton, TX, yes? If need be, I can stay at La Quinta by myself, but it'd help if I could share the cost with some other people. That, and if I could carpool with anyone that'd be great

Fly into either DFW or Love Field, both are Dallas Airports. The Denton Airport does not handle large commercial flights.

The thread titled Lodging and Transportation was started to allow people to find roomies and rides. Knowing the people here it has very likely gone off Topic and should be pruned down. If I have the time I'll see what I can do to make it easier for people to find roomies and rides by removing the chatter.

welcome to the boards.

Knowing the people here it has very likely gone off Topic and should be pruned down.

See, That kind of thing happens a lot . . .

Like this post, f'rinstance. WAAAAAAAAAY off topic . . .

But, I have this nifty badge

<------------------------------

and can get away with it.

<giggles madly>

Anyway - Derek and Lazslo are both great guys, and you can learn so much from them. Our boards are chcok full of people who have been to ReaperCons in the past,and It always amazes me to see hte models they did befoer they had their first class, and the models after the Con. Night and Day!

I'm sure the other threads can help you coordinate rooming, rides, etc. If you find a great bargain on airfare, please share, as most people that are flying in would love to hear about it - especially if they can get in on it! :poke:

As for the flight to DFW airport, you'll find that in light traffic it's only about 20 minutes away from Reaper HQ. We think that;s pretty close, but then again, it takes more than 8 hours to drive across the entire state, East-West, so our perspective is kinda skewed.

Welcome to Reaper!