I did it.....and I'm glad I did it!!!

ugluk69

Man, i started this thread with an O KNOW WE LOST UGLUK!!!!!! then i mourned and said things like "but he was with me at the beggining, back when there was a "come post with me" thread" and "what will we do without the messiah of dipping? He has me converted, and now he leaves?"

then I read more about the game and got tired of hearing about people being "lost to games".

finally ugluk came back and all mourning ceased.

I don't know if I have ever been on such an emotional rollcoaster in a single 5 minute space. :down::angry::wacko:<_<::):::(:::)::rolleyes:::D:

If you have lost a friend to a game, take a stand. Get in your car right now, drive to their house, and ring their doorbell. When they answer say "we are going to the park/mall/game store/my house/where-ever-it-is-that-you-go. " All it takes to reclaim a friend is some initiative on your part. I know when ever I get sucked under, one of my friends will show up and I inevitably come back up for air.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well not like I have been missed, but after months of resisting the urge to play WOW I let in. And hell I didn't even have the time to explain my absence from my usual boards because of the WOW addiction...until now that my wife also got addicted ::P: I tried to talk her into COH but she wouldn't try it, so I finally talked her into trying WOW and she was hooked, now we have to fight over who gets to play ::D:

If you have lost a friend to a game, take a stand. Get in your car right now, drive to their house, and ring their doorbell. When they answer say "we are going to the park/mall/game store/my house/where-ever-it-is-that-you-go. " All it takes to reclaim a friend is some initiative on your part. I know when ever I get sucked under, one of my friends will show up and I inevitably come back up for air.

See this? This is what I'm talking about. Just because someone is doing something you don't want to doesn't mean they're going to be sitting there like a lab rat hooked up to a pleasure machine. Seriously, this is what I was talking about in my prior posting.

World of Warcraft is fun to play, but it's not crack. Relax, send an email if you miss your friend so much. Many of us have jobs and relationships and bills that we must keep up on.

Besides, at my house, I'm where everyone goes when they want to do tabletop gaming.

--LSH

See this? This is what I'm talking about. Just because someone is doing something you don't want to doesn't mean they're going to be sitting there like a lab rat hooked up to a pleasure machine. Seriously, this is what I was talking about in my prior posting.

I'm not saying games are crack, or that you shouldn't play them. I sit in front of this computer for several hours a day neglecting other things I could be doing (my bass, all the unpainted minis, someitmes even homework! ::o: ), and that is ok. I'm not hurting myself (as long as I get the homework done eventually) or others, and I'm having a good time. But there is a point when it can go too far. If your friends haven't heard or seen you in months, there is a problem. It will do everyone some good if they drag you away from the monitor for an hour or two.

I wish my house was the tabbletop game spot. That would save me alot of travel time.

I knew you would never leave me Ugluk ::D::wub:::D: