Banshee Shriek

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Razig's Revenge spell Banshee Shriek it shows a 3" radius effect and states that ALL models are affected. Does this mean that Clarissa is hit as well?

As the Rules are written, yes she would be.

However, this is not how it was meant to work.

Official Errata

Banshee Shriek does not affect the caster (Clarrisa)

Banshee shriek... does this affect the razig gents as well. In the fluff it specificially states she has no affect on the crew.. thus implying she shouldn't... granted it is probably a trick of the fluff... just thought I would ask.. thank you.

...good question, I kind of hope it doesn't effect them for fluff reasons ::D:

My problem with the Shriek is that it is only 3" around the Banshee. That means she has to get right in the think of it to use it. She also has to pay 75 points for it and has only a decent cp. She could save the 75 points and sit a little off from the fray and simply use her RA and let some pirates jump in front of her to keep her safe. :shrug:

The other problem is that for the cost of her withthe spell, you an have 3 cannons...

Let's not loose track of the second question.

I guess her blow through should also be mentioned.

Does her blowthrough attack effect Razig's crew?

Does her shriek spell effect the rest of the Crew?

The importance of the question is doubly so since she is an elite choice and not a solo. Thus she has to leave her group and have them not participate the round she is going to shriek.. or have them get hit by it. If she was a solo.. you could go forward shriek and then follow up with pirates. The shriek's points might almost be worth it if that specific spell didn't affect the pirates. Pirates go in.. her shriek goes off.. then they follow up. Suddenly the unit she is with gets to be a bit more damaging and her point cost starts to make a bit more worth it..... remember I've only played two games and know very little about the game.

An alternative might be to buy spells with extra point that wont affct the pirates or some such thought.