How many painters hurt themselves when working on miniatures?

Mastertickles

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran into an interesting problem when I started painting. I had suffered trauma early in my childhood that had caused me to loose feeling in my hands. I later regained the feelings but had to learn how to and not to do thigs. Like super gluing your fingers together really sucks...especially a cryo glue like zap-a-gap. ouchie. Stuff heats up as it bonds. alot. pain. try not to glue your jeans to your thigh either with the stuff.

Lol. I'm surprised no one has a Zip Kicker story. It can be used to instantly cure superglue, which, coupled with the heat cyanoacrylate glue gives off when it cures, can be quite devastating. It never happened to me, but I can recall a guy in the FLGS who had a palmful of superglue instantly cure in his hand. Ouch.

My worst mini-related injury is a knife wound (some suprise) on my left index finger. 4 stitches I think. Had to wake my parents up at 2 in the morning to take me to the hospital. You better believe they were happy about that!

I've actually cut down my injuries drastically since I got a Dremel tool. Right tool for the job, they always say. And kids, if you don't have one yet, it's a great ploy for getting one out of your parents. They don't want to see you get hurt, so they'll be happy to shell out the $$ for the right tool. ::):

Lol. I'm surprised no one has a Zip Kicker story. It can be used to instantly cure superglue, which, coupled with the heat cyanoacrylate glue gives off when it cures, can be quite devastating. It never happened to me, but I can recall a guy in the FLGS who had a palmful of superglue instantly cure in his hand. Ouch.

My worst mini-related injury is a knife wound (some suprise) on my left index finger. 4 stitches I think. Had to wake my parents up at 2 in the morning to take me to the hospital. You better believe they were happy about that!

I've actually cut down my injuries drastically since I got a Dremel tool. Right tool for the job, they always say. And kids, if you don't have one yet, it's a great ploy for getting one out of your parents. They don't want to see you get hurt, so they'll be happy to shell out the $$ for the right tool. ::):

This has happened to me before feels like the son of satan spit on me. burns like fire. left me with a big ol blister to boot! :devil::devil::devil:

My wife really doesn't want me to be anywhere near a sharp knife. I have scars all over my hands from 'accidents'.

I've had some pinning accidents as well. One time, when trying to push a pin into a figure, I ended up pushing the pin into my finger instead. Luckily enough of it was sticking out of my finger that I could pull it back out easily enough.

A miniature once stabbed me in the forehead with its sword. Here's a tip: Ambien and painting do not mix.

Picture this. Sitting at the painting desk, having just taken said drug, and thinking "This stuff isn't gonna work, nothing else has, so I'll just paint 'till I'm tired...."

Then picture being awakened by a sharp pain and wondering "Why is there blood running down the middle of my forehead?"

Here's a tip: Ambien and painting do not mix.

Now imagine that effect 24/7. Since developing narcolepsy, I have become very good at stripping minis. Thus far I haven't had any minis attack me though I would guess it is a matter of time till that does happen.