Put yourself on the Map (MiniPainters, Warlord Players, and CAV Players)

Does the tower have a giant eye on top of it?

not sure, ha ha but it does look like it curves, when your under it (parking lot is directly below it), kinda creepy really.

then again it was mentioned at Rcon this year about being climbed by someone................. :blink:

RM

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm mostly moved (at a temporary spot while I find an apartment, but said apartment will be in the same town,) so I put myself on the map. There doesn't seem to be anybody else terribly near, and there's not much for mini painters here. (Here being Eugene Oregon.) I visited two gaming stores today, and neither one of them had ANY unpainted minis, only the prepainted stuff.

Happily at one of the places the owner happened to be manning the counter, and he was all "Oh hey, yeah! Those Reaper things are cool, I remember seeing a catalog. I should order some in." And he had me write down some info on Reaper, and my contact info, and said he'd call me back. So here's hoping. Perhaps I can be the start of mini painting here in Eugene. (Heck, that'd be nice for my ego, since at least I wouldn't be surrounded by old hands who are miles and miles beyond my current skill level.)

But I certainly haven't managed to hit every game store in the area. If anybody knows of a place there that does mini painting, drop me a line? Otherwise I'll keep on looking.

Your Frappr is quite broken and apparently doesn't recognize the state of NY as valid. Last I checked I didn't live in New Mexico.

That's odd: there are a couple of people that have successfully placed themselves in NY. Is your zip code correct in your location?

Ron

Your Frappr is quite broken and apparently doesn't recognize the state of NY as valid. Last I checked I didn't live in New Mexico.

That's odd: there are a couple of people that have successfully placed themselves in NY. Is your zip code correct in your location?

Ron

Yes my zipcode comes up as 14425, which is what it's supposed to be.

On some bonsai forums I belong to someone started this Frappr thing, and one of the guys entered in his zipcode and we spent like days trying to find him on the map. Blasted thing put him out in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Africa - a far fry From Utah where he lived.

I finally got it to work...Now there are only what appears to be three of me on the blasted map. The correct me in Farmington NY, and the two seemingly oddballs in NM.

Just as I suspected. The nearest CAV player to me is a 20-30 minute drive away here in central Illinois. At least I didn't invest much money in this game before discovering that CAV2 was "coming soon". :rolleyes:

I just need that rule book, then paint up a few more Borsig-Splines (or Adonese?) and track that guy down. <_<

EDIT: and Frappr just frapped out on me so I can't double check my pin.

A little help here...

I tried to add myself to the painter's map, managed to get my name, email, photo in (I think), but when I tried to type in my address it froze up on me, showed no signs of progress (I didn't see any buttons for satellite or hybrid view here either, maybe it's me?).

Closed it down, tried to go in again, but now everytime I click the button to sign up, it wants me to edit someone else's pin. I think it would even let me do it, so I immediately shut down. Sorry if a couple of your pins had the email addresses overwritten by my own (not something I did myself; your pins popped up with my email address already listed there).

Anyone else see a glitch like this? Also, any tips for easy ways to change the location? I'm in Canada, so no states, zipcodes etc - just provinces and postal codes. Often for stuff like this I can put my province in the state box and my postal code in the zipcode box, but since I might have already inadvertently corrupted other people's pins I wanted to ask for advice first. Thanks for any tips, folks!

edit - I used the photo of my grandfather holding a skull that is also my personal photo in my profile, if that helps anyone track down my pin... pin was somewhere in Manitoba when I last saw it, though I live in Ontario.

Kang