A good laugh to be had by all

Bill_Adcock

Recently, my girlfriend Christine and her friend Emily were discussing in study hall what to get their respective boyfriends for Valentine's day. They were overheard by a teacher, who butted into the conversation by asking Emily, who was unsure what to give, "Well, what does he like?"

Emily replied, "Well, all he does is play DDR" (Dance Dance Revolution, a dancing-based video game, where one stands on a pad and moves their feet in rhythm with arrows shown on the screen, for those not in the know)

Teacher inquires further, "DDR? Is that that nerdy game where you roll dice and pretend to be a dwarf?"

Christine, if she had been drinking milk, would have shot it out her nose at that point. As is, she laughed and explained, "No, you're thinking of D&D. Dance Dance Revolution is completely different from Dungeons and Dragons."

"How do you know?" the teacher asked Christine, finding it inconceivable that she could be a nerd.

So she explained that I played D&D once in a while, and thus she knew about it from association.

Well, I thought it was a funny story, in any case. I just love the "pretend to be a dwarf" bit.

I would totally play Dwarf Dwarf Revolution if such a game existed.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LoL its too bad your girlfriend hasnt seen the "I love the 80's" episode on VH 1 when they talk about Dungeons & Dragons. One of the commentators says "The people who used to play D&D? They rule the world now" RoFL imagine that as a comeback to the "nerdy people" crack. muahahaha :poke:

LoL its too bad your girlfriend hasnt seen the "I love the 80's" episode on VH 1 when they talk about Dungeons & Dragons. One of the commentators says "The people who used to play D&D? They rule the world now" RoFL imagine that as a comeback to the "nerdy people" crack. muahahaha :poke:

She watches VH1's "I Love the (insert decade here)" series religiously, so I'm sure she's seen it.

I just sent that to all my DDR and D&D friends. It was so funny....ESPECIALLY the Dwarf Dwarf Revolution part.... ::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:

I imagine Dwarf Dwarf Revolution is where you drink from various kegs as dictated by runes flashing on the screen to the tune of bagpipes.

:lol::lol::lol: OMG that's so funny I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. :lol::lol::lol:

First of all; yes, that was funny.

Secondly: Yes, we do run the world.

That is all.

--LSH

I just sent that to all my DDR and D&D friends. It was so funny....ESPECIALLY the Dwarf Dwarf Revolution part.... ::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:

I imagine Dwarf Dwarf Revolution is where you drink from various kegs as dictated by runes flashing on the screen to the tune of bagpipes.

Sounds like a great game to me