LOOK WHAT I GOT!!!

mooseyjoe

I turned 18 on tuesday and got the only kind of present that could be more fun than a mini, a new bass.

Since this was the BIG birthday my folks gave me a 1000 bucks to blow on a new bass and an amp. I blew it all on the bass. My thinking was "why not get the perfect bass for me? somehing that I will never want to replace." I thought right. Even though I still don't have a new amp (which will probably end up costing me about 150 minis worth of dough), I have the perfect bass. I can't think of a thing that I would change. I'm so excited/pleased that I can't help but show it off to everyone I know, including you guys (and gals). Its made of bubinga wood (bubinga is a really fun word to say. Boo-Bing-Ga) and has exellent (ok, perfect) sound quality.

Did you ever get that perfect thing that made you immensely happy? I got mine ::D:

The Warwick Corvette Standard.

corvettebubinga3gx.jpg

LOOKY LOOKY, moosey finally figured out the whole image posting thing ::D:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ever get that perfect thing that made you immensely happy? I got mine ::D:

Nothing like having a new instrument to make life seem worthwhile. I still remember the day my guitar arrived in a crate from Brazil. And my surprise that it was still intact. Have fun man. Looks like a great instrument.

Yup, bought mine about 13 years ago. An Ibanez 540s, natural mahogany body and maple fretboard. Though it doesn't sound like a maple fretboard at all, it's thick and dirty. I named her Brucille, since my name's Bruce and all. She's been my baby ever since.

That's a nice bass, take care of it. Don't forget to put some lemon oil on that body every once in a while.

It's purrrty.

Ooooh... Warwick. My old roomate from college had a Warwick Corvette. My second favorite bass in the world. Congrats, man... I almost bought one a few years back, but opted to go with a 5 string for a few years as a backup to my baby:

Rickenbacker-4003.jpg

I got my first Rickenbacker when I was 19... I lived off Ramen for about 9 months to pay for the thing. I went with the Rick for the exact same reason as you: Buy a bass that you'll keep forever. The only problem with that is that eventually, instead of buying a new one to replace your old one, you'll just buy another one, and refuse to sell either!

Cause you need a backup...

then a fretless...

then an extra string or two...

and Jeff Ament used to play a 12 string bass, and that was just cool, so maybe you should pick one of those up...

and then there's vintage to thing about...

Ary got me an entry level Ibanez a few years ago for Christmas. I spent years thinking I sucked at it.

Just forty five minutes ago, my brother asked over IM: "did you adjust the bridge?" d'oh.

I am way too used to my electric guitar. Gonna have to break out of that habit. I was as excited as anything to even get that bass, and it's done me a world of good - even when it wasn't set up right. I'm sure now that I'm this much smarter, I'll enjoy it even more.

Right now I just feel really stupid. :upside:

Congrats on that bass! That does look like a nice one.

Congrats, Moosey! That's a good choice you made there with the Warwick.

Now, as far as amps go: Have you considered the Behringer stuff? It's good sounding, reliable stuff on the cheap! At least, that's the opinion of alot of the folks at the music store I work at (including myself).

I've been looking at some Ampegs. I haven't tried a behringer before, but I will definatley look into it. Thanks for the tip.

About how much do you think it would cost for about 150 to 200 watts of behringer? I need enough to be able to plop it down on a small stage and play off my own power, but I Don't want too much because we usually play at places with PA systems that more than enough juice on their own.

My boyfriend spent about $1000US on a new bass last year (an ibanez). It was electric. He then realized that acoustic was a touch more portable, and could be played where there wasn't a ready source of electricity, and ended up buying another bass this year, an acoustic. I'm kinda hoping he's got the bass a year bug out of his system. (He'd bought his first bass a year or so earlier.) :lol:

I only own one electric guitar and one electric bass.

And an amp for each. And another amp for my guitar, that runs on a nine-volt just in case of power outages or for portability.

And an overdrive pedal for my guitar. And a phaser. And a wah pedal.

And a keytar too. And a microphone with matching stand.

And, um, a 4-Track recorder to plug them all into. Although to be fair, it oftens acts more like a mixer/preamp before I record stuff into the computer. Hm, yes, recording and mixing and mastering software. Got that too.

But only two guitars in nine years of playing them!

LOL Congrats on getting cool present for your Bday..and for having a Bday in general..wOOt!!

I am surfing the forum while Steve paints ..and I told him you got a bass for your birthday...and he says (like the smartypants he is) "Regular, Giant or Monster?"

I'll give him a few punchesintheface if you want me to :lol:

LOL Congrats on getting cool present for your Bday..and for having a Bday in general..wOOt!!

I am surfing the forum while Steve paints ..and I told him you got a bass for your birthday...and he says (like the smartypants he is) "Regular, Giant or Monster?"

I'll give him a few punchesintheface if you want me to :lol:

And my response would have been "Largemouth or striped?" :upside:

Congrats on the bday and the guitar. Enjoy!

Ary - who can't play any instrument worth crap, but can play by ear. :ph34r: