Torino 2006

TheBachelor

Normally, I don't go in for the Olympics, but with my car having been wrecked yesterday (I'm okay. . . In fact I wasn't in it. No one was in it. It was parked. :angry: ) I find myself housebound today. Strange thing is, I started watching women's hockey on CNBC, and I'm totally hooked! So who else is watching the games, and what events are you tuning into?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to love to watch the Olympics, but anymore I'm more or less ehhh there on, maybe.

I like watching the sled sports & hockey mostly, but with the pros now in hockey I'm more or less kinda ehhh on that anymore.

RM

I started watching women's hockey on CNBC, and I'm totally hooked! So who else is watching the games, and what events are you tuning into?

you got it!

I've caught 3 of the 4 games today. (missed the USA vs Swiss match ::(: , had to go to Curious George with the family) and then I headed to www.nbcolympics.com to figure out the viewing plan for the rest of my week.

I'm focusing on the Women's Hockey. I'll catch some Curling, Men's Hockey and some of the sled events.

I have a bunch of models to paint up, I'll move the materials upstairs to paint in front of the games.

Aryanun isn't too eager to watch most of them, and generally has control of the television. My personal time is presently going to my brother's suggestion that we start a new band and collaborate via the internet.

I like women's figure skating. That or women's tennis seems to be in season every time I get a bad case of the flu. Unless I'm laid up that badly, though, I probably won't catch more than a few minutes here and there.

We did see that couples skating triple axle this evening, and it was fairly impressive to watch.

I'll likely watch most of what's available on the TV, even if it's just on as background noise. There's not much else on the tube as the other networks will likely have repeats on.

I've been watching women's hockey mostly, since it's been the big events on recently. I'll probably end up watching figure skating because my wife enjoys it. I don't particularly care for events that are so subjective, even if they ar visually amazing to watch. I'll also be watching the downhill events.

I'll be watching figure skating. Not because I wanted to (actually I'd rather take a dremel to various sensitive spots), but because SHE wants to.

I honestly don't really care about the Olympics anymore, just like the Super Bowl and World Series. It's gotten to the point that if the networks weren't plugging it so much they could pass me by and I wouldn't even know they happened.

I'd rather have that than 24-hr coverage until the thing ends...

Especially with the constant "American team is better than ever" commercials. Nice bit of irony there. The American athletes are being promoted to within an inch of their lives and yet our World Champion skier doesn't even qualify...

I'd rather have that than 24-hr coverage until the thing ends...

Especially with the constant "American team is better than ever" commercials. Nice bit of irony there. The American athletes are being promoted to within an inch of their lives and yet our World Champion skier doesn't even qualify...

Over promotion has a history of biting American Olympic athletes on the rear. Remember the Dan Vs. Dan (I think it was Dan. . . Might have been Don) ads Rebook was running years ago? The sunk tons into advertising two American's who were expected to compete in track & field and be each others big rival. . . Then one of them didn't even qualify.