Trouble with cav mailing list

Dreamingdemon

Anyone else having trouble with the new CAV mailing list?  I got the welcome message and am able to check my account on the web page, but posting is a problem.

Also am I way off base, but should this type of thing be welcome on a mailing list about CAV:

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922

"In this country, when a minority person does something great that

person is said to be blessed with holy courage and moral superiority;

when a white male does something great it's because he's a scum-

sucking, scum-grubbing, scum-fortified bag of scum.  I'm a white male.

Is it any surprise I have problems motivating myself to do anything,

let alone anything great?"--Tepid 3:18

Just curious, cause if I'm alone in my view that this has no place on a CAV list, then I'll just unsubscibe.

DD

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had any trouble with the mailing list, and I do understand your concern about the quote; I am a proud Black Hispanic, married to a Beautiful carribean princess so please don't me take my words the wrong way. But you gotta realize, in order to respect the right of free speech, you have to accept the good and the bad. No matter how effed up it seems.

I saw the quote, I don't like it either, but it doesn't bother me; these type of games appeal to a wide variety of people with an equally wide variety of perceptions; don't deprive yourself of valuable information on account of someone's opinion, and don't let it change your perception about a good company that puts out exceptional quality work.

:;):

I'm not irked about the racial implications here.  That isn't what irritates me.  It just isn't the place to be expressing such views.  I'm white, but that doesn't matter.  I don't sign up to CAV mailing lists to see someone complaining how whitey, blackey, browny,etc. is holding them down.  Just a signature is not a defense either.  You willing broadcast that message everywhere you go.  Its as bad as spam or a pop up in my opinion.

DD

I haven't gotten anything since I signed up; I just though nobody had anything to say.  I just turned off digest mode; I'll see if that fixes it.

I'm not sure there was enough on the list to fill out the digest yet.

I think they store up the messages until it hits something like 45k (iirc) and send out the mail containing the digest.

as for the sig file, I didn't even notice it until Matt said something on the list. if it's too long of a sig I tend to ignore them. they seem to say less when there are more words.

I'm not sure there was enough on the list to fill out the digest yet.

I think they store up the messages until it hits something like 45k (iirc) and send out the mail containing the digest.

That makes sense; I'm getting messages now that I've switched from digest.  Most digests will flush themselves daily if there's even one message in the queue; guess this one's different.

Well it has been resolved.  The moderator asked the list member to remove the signature.  Not because it had no place, but because it would prevent a flame war.  It appears I was the exception, so I told them I would leave instead.  Solves my technical and topical problem.   :)

This forum has been informative and lacking racial/political blurbs, so I count myself lucky to have this source of CAV info.

DD