Nar'kasithe, The Dragonqueen 10019 $49.99

Frankthedm

I was hoping for a bigger one as well, like the picture that Wayne Reynolds (WAR) put out for WOTC, but with most of the "chromatic" dragons already in that size, makes sense dollar-wise on Reaper's part.

I recall seein a green in progress (GiP) at RCon this year while Sandra was leaving a class she just tought, looked really cool for what was there (body & the necks)

RM

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reaper User

Remember, this is not Tiamat; it is Nar'Kasithe the Dragon Queen. ::):

We have not received the green yet; however it should show up very soon. When it does, we'll get some snaps up ASAP (if it lends itself to being photoed).

If we get the green now, we will be lucky to get it out in August.

Going backwards, it is a minimum 2 weeks to get the box art back from the printer (from the time we finish painting the model and making terrain).

At least a week to get the first final metal masters, at least a week to re-master and make sure all of the joints work properly.

And, while that's all happening, someone must have plenty of time to paint it pretty and make terrain for the photo shoot.

This is a snag free scenario, unlike Blightfang which had to be re-worked several times to get it out the door including unexpectedly having Sandy cut the body in half, and hence the delay.

It is now looking like an early September release... let's hope for the best!

not to hijack the thread, but any word on anther BIG box dragon in the near future??

been awile since one was released. (not that I don't mind since sittin the couch is BIG priority box from Mini market full of reaper goodies in it, including Blightfang!!!!)

thx

RM

• Reaper User

No word as of right now as far as I know, Haldir. The problem with dragons is that the bigger they are the harder they are to master and cast and the faster they rip through molds. Plus we have to charge a lot more for them to actually make anything from them, both because of the metal content and the above labor (and it takes me forever to paint one, too). High cost often leads to stores being reluctant to keep an item in stock, because very few people will walk in and impulse-buy a $100 piece. So all in all, smaller appears to be better for dragons right now (watch Ron come on now and contradict everything by announcing The Biggest Dragon Known to Man!! ::P::lol: ).

--Anne ::):

High cost often leads to stores being reluctant to keep an item in stock, because very few people will walk in and impulse-buy a $100 piece.

--Anne ::):

You obviously don't have much amrket research from around here, then. ::P:

hehe..i just ordered the 2 foot tall dragon from magnificient egos..hehe

www.itscollosal.com

:) hehe

Anyways..I've wanted to sculpt a larger scale tiamat and I prob will but my sculpting (and painting) isn't that good.

I plan on doing a type of "Legends of D&D" series for myself.

* Borys, the Dragon of Tyr (based on Brom's artwork)

* Tarrasque

* tiamat

* hellfire dragon

Not sure when I will get around to attempting this though...

Sanjay

the ME one would be nice but the price is just way to out there for me to even want that one + it's most resin as well. I like my dragons metal!!!

thanks for the info Anne, figured with the market & today's world the smaller ones sell a little better. (then again once I was able to pick up all of them, now it's more or less, when is anther one!!! ha ha)

RM

I personally don't like big dragons because where the heck am I supposed to put it once its done? I don't like my models to collect dust. So I am not inclined to spend $100 or more on a glass enclosure for just one big model.