Combined Arms Warfare

matsumoto

title says it all, fellows!

but to be conversational, yes. i am flat-out interested in Modern combined Arms warfare.

if i could choose the game's attributes:

non-chess turns

perception of targets a big part

orders mean something.

i'm thinking sea units would have minimal involvement (maximum size :rolleyes: )

it would be closer to a Land-Airr game with heavy potential for sea involvement

(landing, bombardment, extraction.)

if none can meet my challenge, dammit, i will cook somethign up!!!!

(thus, my ninjas prepare for research)

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to be honest I have never really found a set of Modern Warfare rules that I liked very much. I think the ones we played the most were from GDW. Then there was Challenger from CinC that wasn't to good though.

I haven't run into any that really deal with naval support at all.

it won't really handle naval stuff, except for the small stuff.

mj12 games "Defiance:Vital Ground" is a skirmish game for WWII to sci-fi (but not way out there sci-fi).

you can download the rules and 4 sample armies from their website, but to get the force creation rules you have to buy the rules. but you can actually try the rules to see if you like how they play without spending any money on them.

www.mj12games.com

title says it all, fellows!

but to be conversational, yes. i am flat-out interested in Modern combined Arms warfare.

if i could choose the game's attributes:

non-chess turns

perception of targets a big part

orders mean something.

i'm thinking sea units would have minimal involvement (maximum size :rolleyes: )

it would be closer to a Land-Airr game with heavy potential for sea involvement

(landing, bombardment, extraction.)

if none can meet my challenge, dammit, i will cook somethign up!!!!

(thus, my ninjas prepare for research)

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I think the Rage engine has all yer lookin' fer, but there's also a cool little beer-n-pretzels game called "Chain reaction" IIRC... check it out...

Rgds,

That is the catch, isn't it...vehicles and infantry, working in harmony together...

yeah, there are plenty of infantry shooty games, yet one where i can field a flight of AH-64 Apaches and a squad of Bradleys (w/ infantry) against seventy T-72's is my idea of a good time....

GDW, eh? i could have expected that...

so, cav is supposed to have good combined arms? in a sci fi setting, yet still...i am listening....

hmmm...see you in the CAV forum shortly.

If your open to SciFi you can download the complete ruleset of Dirtside2 at Ground Zero Games website which in my opinion is the slickest ruleset I have seen in twenty years of gaming. The only slight flaw is the chit draw mechanism for damage but eberything else is so well done that I can easily accept that. It's a shame I couldn't get anyone to play it. :down:

SciFi as in Science Fiction in general.

Dirtside and DS 2 is a sci-fi based combined arms game, that is quite good. It's really really good when you use it in conjunction with Full Thrust and Star Grunt for a total sci-fi campaign (ie... Full Thrust for ship to ship action in orbit, DS2 for microarmor and combined arms and SG for smaller level squad on squad infantry combat)

If your open to SciFi you can download the complete ruleset of Dirtside2 at Ground Zero Games website which in my opinion is the slickest ruleset I have seen in twenty years of gaming. The only slight flaw is the chit draw mechanism for damage but eberything else is so well done that I can easily accept that. It's a shame I couldn't get anyone to play it. :down:

Dirtside is one of the best systems out there.

If you look around on the web (at, i think stargrunt.ca) you can find a dice based replacement for the chit draw.