D&D online has gone gold...

Nikmal

well I hope the game gets better, I haven't partyed up yet thou I did but the party was no one even near me during a mission.

I tried the kobold kidnapping mission & that one just blew for me, my cleric couldn't do squat during that mission(yes they aren't fighters but in the books you can almost be 2nd class fighter, as they can wear great armor use a d8 weapon), but I just didn't have fun with that one, couldn't hit worth beans, heck spells point costs must have went up, since I only casted a couple of them & I was out (summon dire dog, heals), thus I was pretty easy prey for the CR 1 freakin kobold rogues.

I wanna like the game, as I don't have a real d&d group anymore & it's been a couple years since I actually played (not counting the game I was in at Rcon last year), so I really want this to work, as I see a almost true to the books conversion of the rules & such (love the DM dialog), but I don't know after that battle/mission I'm gonna stay off for a bit.

btw yes I am on Kkyber & my main character is a cleric (rank 2) named Cyliss Theen

maybe it'll be better with a good party & such, as that was the heart of D&D anyways, good freinds & good party to adventure with.

RM

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haldir,

If you are available this Sunday night you are more then welcome to join up with my roomate and I. Grouping is really the way to go. I do not even play when my roommate is not around, solo play doesn't appeal to me at all. Even the little we played with a 3rd person showed me that grouping is more fun and we have wanted to add a cleric to our group. Shoot me an e-mail if your interested.

Decado

We played again on Sunday night and it was the best session to date. We linked up with a couple other players who are interested in meeting/playing on a regular basis. Our party consisted of a dwarven barbarian, dwarven fighter, hafling cleric and hafling rogue. We are still looking for another fighter type and possible a mage to round out our ranks, but we did really well and completed several quests. We have set up Sunday night as our night to play as a group and I am really looking forward to our next session. I loved NWN but IMO this game is really a step beyond NWN. Of course that does not mean that I wont be buying NWN2 this summer ::D:

Decado

Oh I'm defeintly in for NWN2 this summer!!!

ok I did the take the low road quest again & at the part where you have to swim I took your advice & stripped to my unmentionables & was able to swim down-through the corrider & climb the ladder before my meter was gone (now that I've done it, I kinda like the way the incorporated the encumbrance rules, just since my gaming groups never really used those rules to the extreme, unless you were actually packin junk that would weigh you down (treasures, weapon racks, etc etc).

After I did that quest I did a couple other ones, also joined a party (didn't do much but stand outside the trainers), but the I'm gonna like the voice chat stuff (thou my mic wasn't pickin up I could hear my other members & a member was tryin to help me get it sorta out, but (later on I was chatting with a freind online, so it works now) that is sooo cool!!!! nice to see other toons of players but to hear them is anther thing.

I think I'm gonna like the game, once I get things down more, just one of those games for me that I need to work myself into I guess (use to mmos where you don't have to constantly click the creature to attack, + couple other things)

but like I said it helps fill the void of not playing actual D&D.

RM

We played again on Sunday night and it was the best session to date. We linked up with a couple other players who are interested in meeting/playing on a regular basis. Our party consisted of a dwarven barbarian, dwarven fighter, hafling cleric and hafling rogue. We are still looking for another fighter type and possible a mage to round out our ranks, but we did really well and completed several quests. We have set up Sunday night as our night to play as a group and I am really looking forward to our next session. I loved NWN but IMO this game is really a step beyond NWN. Of course that does not mean that I wont be buying NWN2 this summer ::D:

Decado

hey decado, I've got a halfling sorceress and I'm usually able to play Sunday nights after about 8:30.

Erion,

Are you on the Adar server? What we discovered during the last sessions is that you cannot jump to different servers with the same character. What level is your hafling? Our party is level 2 with my character slightly ahead with almost 3 ranks.

Haldir,

Glad to see that you are getting into the game more. I agree it is a great filer for someone that cannot play D&D face to face. Finding the right group is extremly important. We joined a group briefly Sunday night and it went basically no where.

Decado

Another great session last night. We did not meet with any of our previous group, one was a no show and the other was out of town, but did join up with a couple other players and had a great time. My friends list is slowly growing. ::D: I also started my own Guild, The Burning Blades[/b], and have recruited a few members. Looks like I will be playing here in a few minutes. I am close to 3rd level and want to check out the Marketplace, which I just gained access too. How is everyone else doing?

Decado

well played for a little bit tonight & my opinion has shifted again with this game, aghhhh

not sure if it a update or what, but I felt like my combat abilites were worthless in the game, heck even my spell power is useless anymore. Don't ever recall playin D&D in any edition, where skeletons & zombies were a challenge, espically to a cleric, but I watched my "die rolls" & probably out of 10 rolls, I probably hit 4 or 5 times & then only once was it higher then 5 (I'm using a morningstar), the other times it was 1 or 2.

I love the cleric class (heck I'm surprised I didn't make a dwarvern cleric as that is my favorite combo to play) but I feel like the game makes me worthless, to top it off the treasure in the quest I was on (it's the haunted mansion or something (I know you have to rescue a girl, on the right side is Uber-apprentice & his buddy) was piddly to say the least, not even a copper.

Maybe I'm playin the wrong class for that game, heck I don't know. Just was fustrated with the game......again. I did join a party the other day & we were doing the waterworks quest, but the leader was alot more experienced then most (ie gamewise not levelwise) & pretty much ran through it where myself & couple others had a hard time keepin up, but it was fun, thou spellcasting was kinda of a pain (healing people that aren't near me etc etc, that part I'm use to CoH/oV healing I guess).

Free period ends in 6 days, so right now I'm not sure if I want to continue, I wanna stay on for the free module that'll be coming out next month, but right now, I'm not sure if it's really worth it right now.

fustrating, that is one way to put this game for me.

RM

Haldir,

Sorry to hear your not enjoying the game. Finding the right group to play with is so very important I think. My roommate and I have joined with groups before and can usually tell if we are going to like it or not. Our best times are when we recruit our own group. I am looking forward to this coming Sunday evening very much.

Decado

I wish I could say the same as right now this is the only online fantasy game I want to play (really don't want to go back to WoW, just something about that game I don't want to go back to, oh yah the 5 on 1 pvp ganks...........)

I hope it gets better, I'm gonna at least keep it till the free adventure comes out & see how that goes.

I really dont' want to but I'm gonna make a burly fighter type, either a warforge barb or fighter or something that is all physical & just see how that it is, maybe that my prob, heck I don't know.

I still can't get over how much my guy misses in combat & how piddly the dmg is (good str & stats & a d8 weapon to boot) only keepin in the fight vs the undead are my turns, & eventually those run out. (gotta admit I did pummel the ghoul that you fight after the 2 zombies in the mish--ghouls are tougher then zombies, go figure......)

might have to make that fighter type on your server, never know we might run into each other.

anther thing that is really tickin me off is the built voice chat isn't workin for me. I've changed mics, done all sorta of tweaks to my sound stuff & I still can't chat in that game. I can chat in Ventrilo, as I just did that this morning with a freind playin CoH. Wonder what is up with that..

I've noticed that game communication is essiantial espically in dungeons & such.

RM