ReaperCon CAV2 Tournament

ladystorm

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

every round in both tournaments will be one-on-one battles.

Back to this:

Does "combined arms" mean that we have to take at least one of each "type" of model or just more than one type of unit..ie cav, tank, plane?

Combined Arms means if you want to use more than just CAVs, you can. You are not required to.

any restrictions on the amount of points spent on CAVs?

no.

well, the obvious 3000 point limit, but otherwise, no.

Errr... why do I get the feeling it's going to be all CAV on CAV games. <_<

Well, I know at least mine won't be all CAVs. Especially if infantry points are going to be slashed as much as we're being told in the CAV forum.

The final version of CAV2 might have some slashing involved but I would assume that for the tourney itself it'll cost whatever it costs in the current beta rules.

How does the qualifier work? Are we randomly matched with opponents for a 1on1 fight and the winner proceeds to the actual tourney? Is it a free-for all Grand Melee and the top survivors move on? This is my first RCON and my first tourney of this size.

Don't sweat it, nobody fielding Rach units is getting out of the first round anyway... :B):

How does the qualifier work? Are we randomly matched with opponents for a 1on1 fight and the winner proceeds to the actual tourney? Is it a free-for all Grand Melee and the top survivors move on?

every round will be a one on one game.

the initial pairing will be randomly done.

A question in the WL Tournament thread was asked and information is relevant to CAV Tournament as well:

is there a set schedule for the advance rounds of tournament?

yes.

well there is a plan for them at least. If we stay at the 16 tickets for WL we'll be using one plan, if we upload an additional 16 tickets, for 32 total, there will be a second plan used. Right now having only sold 9 tickets for the WL tournament the 16 ticket model is what we will use. if ticket sales skyrocket in the next week or so, then I'll upload more tickets and change to the 32 ticket model.

What is set, no changes in either case is:

All advanced Rounds of the Tournaments (both CAV2 & WL) will occur, including the finals, on Saturday. No tournament rounds are on Sunday.

At this time it looks like CAV Advancement rounds will be at 2 pm and 8 pm on Saturday. If the WL Tournament moves to 32 tickets, the Semi Final round will be pushed back to 4 pm.

However, only one CAV2 ticket has sold, so events could end up cancelled.....