The Dark Maiden

Froggy the Great

DarkMaiden_Ship.jpg

This is The Dark Maiden, Razig's ship. It's a kit from Flying Tricycle, which I modified a bit, not least of which is the attachment of the Dark Maiden mini to the prow. This took me longer than I'd like to admit, and I will probably be adding sails and The Names Of Them That Stole Razig's Loot (people who play against me) on the hull in germanic rune or somesuch.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple things to note - First, that the decking is one flat peice of birch plywood, and so is the hull. The planking was done by drybrushing streaks of blue with a very stiff brush. Second, the decks all come off, and the bottom drops out, for those RPGs where you're doing things on different levels of the ship at different times. I've had around 40 models on the deck there, depending on the size of the battle in my 50 Fathoms game.

I'm probably not looking to add skulls, but chains, sails, and a Jolly Razig flag, possibly.

Second, the decks all come off, and the bottom drops out, for those RPGs where you're doing things on different levels of the ship at different times.
Could you post some inside shots. I really like the construction.

I like the dark colour of the ship, though i feel the Highlights are too bright, making the ship look like the edges have had some paint rubbed away from rough handling.