Sign in to follow this  
Feanor

Lead from the front

I love having my "general" wether its a sergeant, captain or warlord right out in front leading the grunts. I know this makes him a big target but its so dramatic. Now this weekend I saw alot of folks hiding their leader behind ranks of warriors makes sense if it the Witch Queen or maybe Ashkrypt, But I'm curios what do you all do?

Razig sits behind his Bone Marines and engages the enemy wiht his witty reparte.

Judas moves up covered by his troops and jumps out (without bloodlust) and attacks.

The Dwarf King stays home with his too expensive self and sends his captain instead.

I love having my "general" wether its a sergeant, captain or warlord right out in front leading the grunts. I know this makes him a big target but its so dramatic. Now this weekend I saw alot of folks hiding their leader behind ranks of warriors makes sense if it the Witch Queen or maybe Ashkrypt, But I'm curios what do you all do?

I always put Ironraven in front, since he can't hide anyway. If the leader has a high DV, or if I'm getting into melee quickly I'll put the leader in front. Sometimes I'll use a leader to hold down one end of a line if I'm afraid the line will get turned.

But if I'm running across the field into the archers, I usually keep the leader in the back.

PS

It depends on what kind of army I am facing.

If it's heavy on the ranged and spell casting, I'll keep the leader back behind a line of troops to protect him until we get within closing distance. Then I let him come out and play.

If there isn't a big ranged threat. He marches at the head of the force.

In a Bull Orc list, I'll usually leave a Leader model hanging back for Warcy with my Archers.

Out in front baby!! Wooooooo!!! :bday::lol:

Since the majority of my models have a crappy DV, marching behind troops will net you like 1 turn max before it's your turn. No sense in hiding and showing you're chicken!! :ph34r:

Wild Bill :blues:

Senet comes in with Atifa, 2 Raiders, and 2 Mounted Archers behind Ah'radivh and his lancers. No sense in wasting her ability to make ranged attacks and Ah'radivh, 2 Lancers, 2 Raiders, and Ibrahim just makes too good of a hammer to go in second.

Khufu is right in front with his Tomb Guard.

Judas is in the middle of the Crimson Knights and a few Chattel in case he gets hungry.

Ashkrypt stays back while Andras and his Warriors do the close combat work. Why use a scythe when you can just roast the sucker?

The Witch Queen builds up the Pain Tokens from the rear with her archers, the front lines use them up.

Well, since all the Dwarven leaders are slower than the troops they tend to fall behind. Must be too much Dwarven ale ::D:

Khong-To, sits in the second rank, waiting for the charge, where he catches up with the first rank and uses up some first strike.

The Witch Queen, stays as far from conflict as possible. Several warriors stand nearby fully willing to take an arrow for the Queen while she launches spells with a fellow Pain Mage.

Razig, charges into the fray head first with lots of Crewmen and Harpooners at his side. Cutting everything in his path to ribbins.

I didn't realize I played so differently with each warlord, heh, nice Topic!