Sat March 25 tournament

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we had 13 participants this time around. Playing Mercs I blasted through my first game and then won my second game as well but I my back started to give out (I had hurt my back the previous weekend) so I threw in the towel and allowed my 2nd round opponent to advance in my place. He ended up playing Timmy and his dwarves and after Tim won the semis went on to play his dad and his elves o' doooooom. :;): Couldn't stick aorund long enough to see who won between them though. But, I had fun and only wish I could have finished out the tourney because I think I could have taken Tim and possibly even his dad. :huh:

I missed seeing you, Abbot, and Tobasco there and I don't know if MadPat has any plans to ever come to one of these but that would have been sweet too.

well, even so, 13 sounds like a greeat number of games going on.

So, I am hearing:

1 elves

1 dwarves

1 mercs

2 crusaders

just based on the people you have listed... Were you playing your Razig mercs, regular mercs, or faction free variety?

well, even so, 13 sounds like a greeat number of games going on.

So, I am hearing:

1 elves

1 dwarves

1 mercs

2 crusaders

just based on the people you have listed... Were you playing your Razig mercs, regular mercs, or faction free variety?

There were some overlords, a necropolis, and I can't remember what else was played.

I used just a regular Merc army led by Orba. Other than that I had a few crossbowmen, bladesisters, and lots of merc spears. No magic, no extra equipment, and no Lupine Lord if you can believe that. Just lots of charging and moshing. I converted the river troll data card over to Merc/Neutral and used them to flesh out my force so I had 4 troops and 4 solos along with 2 tacticians so I had 10 init cards. :B): It's the first time I played with this setup and it worked out much better than I had hoped for. :blink:

Please don’t call me Timmy sarec you ain’t near cute enough ::P: and I’ll be up for a game anytime you want to see if you could have beat me. :B): Anyway I beat out my dad with my dwarves. He made a deployment error and put Selwyn out too far and my griffin jumped on her the first activation and took her out of the game and with the sniper gone I advanced one of my warrior squads a bear rider my shield maiden’s and my piercers toward his archers. By the forth round we called it.

To answer the question of what Armey’s where there

2 overlords

1 reptus

2 necropolise

2 crusaders

1 dwarf ::D:

1 elf

1 merc

1 nefsokar

1 freelance

And I think the 13th player was ether overlords or reptus.

All and all I had fun at the tournament I thoroughly enjoyed the games and the people that I played against. ::):

Please don’t call me Timmy sarec you ain’t near cute enough ::P: and I’ll be up for a game anytime you want to see if you could have beat me. :B): Anyway I beat out my dad with my dwarves. He made a deployment error and put Selwyn out too far and my griffin jumped on her the first activation and took her out of the game and with the sniper gone I advanced one of my warrior squads a bear rider my shield maiden’s and my piercers toward his archers. By the forth round we called it.

2 overlords

1 reptus

2 necropolise

2 crusaders

1 elf

1 merc

1 nefsokar

1 freelance

All and all I had fun at the tournament I thoroughly enjoyed the games and the people that I played against. ::):

I'll stop calling you Timmy when you learn to spell. :B):

But nice job in beating your dad. I guess you'll have to collect your own bounty. And yeah, some weekend when I have time I'll let you know so we can have that game we should have played, just make sure it's the same army you used for the tourney.

Anyway I beat out my dad with my dwarves. He made a deployment error and put Selwyn out too far and my griffin jumped on her the first activation and took her out of the game

Ok, assuming that yall were playing on the 4x4 playing areas, I guess you were playing full 12 inch deep deployment zones? And if you lined up on the edge and Selwyn were on the edge, that would put you guys at 24 inches apart from each other. Does the Griffin have Ranger?

2 overlords

1 reptus

2 necropolise

2 crusaders

1 elf

1 merc

1 nefsokar

1 freelance

Glad to see lots of variety in there. Always a good thing. Just hate that I was not able to get my shot in there too. But, it will happen so its ok.

Lastly, ...."Once?" why not spacehulk? Gonna confuse me..