Circle Orboros Warpack

Mengu

I managed to get my hands on one of these prerelease packs from GenCon SoCal. In an effort to get them to our FLGS for display as soon as possible, before the official release in April, I rushed through them a bit. But they were a joy to paint. Here is the group shot.

Warpack.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what he means by "rushed" haha...everything I paint is always like that personally, it never feels like I have enough time to actually finish everything to the standards I would like. If I had all the time in the world I would never finish anything though, just keeping adding more and more detail.

But yeah, these are some killer minis, I really like the subdued color schemes and the greens are just gorgeous. :wub:

Although I'm uncertain as to why the whole obsession with many miniature manufacturers over the whole "half wolf - half man" thing...

Nonetheless, beautiful work on all! I really like the static grass color...is it purchased that way or painted?

Although I'm uncertain as to why the whole obsession with many miniature manufacturers over the whole "half wolf - half man" thing...

they do it because they know people like me like to buy werewolves. Don't know why I like them, but werewolves sure are cool.

They are rushed due to a mostly self imposed deadline, since I have other things waiting in line, and I wanted these done well before the release date.

Wolves are beatiful and savage animals. A half human half wolf (hulf? - glad I didn't say it the other way around) will therefore always be an appealing visual concept. And between Wolfen, and Lupines, and Warpwolves (and I'm sure GW has an equivalent I'm not aware of), I don't think anyone has been able to beat the Wolfen (shhh, don't tell Werner or Kev). I did thoroughly enjoy painting this one though.

THAT is exactly what I was looking for in terms of armor!!! I have been staring at my minis for a week trying to figure out how I wanted to paint their armor. I have tried a couple of different things and have not been happy at all. They are grunts so I was just about to say to heck with it they are just grunts just slap something in there and call it done.

BUT, this is exactly what I needed to see.

CAn you share your armor recipe (both the greens and the gnmm)? Thanks in advance.

And between Wolfen, and Lupines, and Warpwolves (and I'm sure GW has an equivalent I'm not aware of)...

Yep, they do as well, the "Wulfen", of the 13th company I believe, of the Space Wolves chapter of the Space Marines, I may be mistaken on the spelling of "Wulfen" though, but I think that's right.