Circle Orboros Warpack

Mengu

That is some nice armor. The green and gold look fantastic.

My theory for why everybody needs wolfen-type creatures... A wolf is fun to paint, but their little belly is hard to reach on the underside. If it stands like a person, it's easier. ::P:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful work, Mengu.

The variety of browns and greys combines well with the green and gold that you chose, and the yellow grass reinforces the toughness of (or maybe injury to) the earth.

Did you prefer painting these Horde monsters to the Warmachine 'jacks?

Derek

CAn you share your armor recipe (both the greens and the gnmm)? Thanks in advance.

Green starts out with Pale green, shaded with Leaf green and Pine green. Then I highlighted with VMC Dark Yellow (couldn't find an equivalent in RMS, but someone wiser in color lore may be able to give you an equivalent).

Gold NMM is Green Ochre, shaded with Uniform brown, Uniform Brown + Blackened Brown, and pur Blackened Brown. Highlight starts with Green ochre + Palamino gold (2/1 or 3/1), and continues by adding linen white to that mix.

You have to darkline, or else the green and gold will be difficult to pick apart from each other. I used Walnut brown for the darklining.

That's a sweet gift as I'm sure it would fetch at least 200 on eBay. ;)

Mengu, wanna paint something for me?

200 eh? Let me see, subtracting what I paind for it, that would be about $2 an hour. I'm quite glad I don't sell anything on ebay. And since no one can go 10x that, I don't really do commissions (though I do occasionally take on favors when the cause is just).

Beautiful work, Mengu.

The variety of browns and greys combines well with the green and gold that you chose, and the yellow grass reinforces the toughness of (or maybe injury to) the earth.

Did you prefer painting these Horde monsters to the Warmachine 'jacks?

Derek

Thank you Derek. I do indeed prefer the more organic monsters over the mechanic jacks. I feel there is much more I can do with them and I feel more at home painting them. However seeing some of the stuff Todd Arrington does with warjacks is often inspiring. I'll probably continue to paint jacks, along with some beasts.

However seeing some of the stuff Todd Arrington does with warjacks is often inspiring. I'll probably continue to paint jacks, along with some beasts.

Not to mention what Derek Schubert can do with those warjacks! Did you see the one he painted that won at GenCon last year? Amazing stuff! :poke:

and Mengu these don't technically belong to you anymore, so you couldn't sell them if you wanted to. They're mine, ALL MINE! :devil: Okay, well they're going to Guardtower tonight to be displayed in the case until HORDES in unleashed in April...but after that...MINE I tell you!

debby