Warlord Scenario Contest -- Deadline 04/06/2006

Erion

People should feel free to edit their entries if they feel adjustments are neccesary after further playtesting, feedback, etc.

One of the reasons for having 4 weeks to post submissions is for people to work the bugs out of their Scenarios. Ideally, you've already playtested them when you post them.

The goal is to have all of the Scenarios be playable, not just cool sounding. It's one thing to come up with a really cool concept for a scenario. Making one that is both fun and interesting for the players, but also remaining balanced and fair can be difficult.

I'll be brewing a pot of coffee and staying up late on 04/06/2006 and will be locking the thread at 11:59 PM Reaper time, so once that time has past, there will be no more opportunities to edit.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more entries. ^_^

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Erion,

We gotta make this contest worthwhile. Unless everybody objects, I'll build some type of tower/dice roller thingie as a prize for the winner. I'll even eat the postage as long as it's in the continental U.S. And before anybody asks, at this point I have no clue what it will be. Hopefully I can get inspired and have something built by the 15th........ :poke:

Castlebuilder

Not fair ! :down:

You can still win the prize Brushmaster, I'm just not up for the postage accross the pond or down under! If the winner is someone out of country we will get something worked out.....

Castlebuilder

***Edit*** 03-11-06***

Your in luck, BrushMaster. Antoher member of the forum has generously offered to cover the postage for the "tower/dice roller thingie" to where ever the winner is. Now all you need to do is come up with the winning scenario. ^_^

Castlebuilder

Hey Erion,

We gotta make this contest worthwhile. Unless everybody objects, I'll build some type of tower/dice roller thingie as a prize for the winner. I'll even eat the postage as long as it's in the continental U.S. And before anybody asks, at this point I have no clue what it will be. Hopefully I can get inspired and have something built by the 15th........ :poke:

Castlebuilder

Not fair ! :down:

You can still win the prize Brushmaster, I'm just not up for the postage accross the pond or down under! If the winner is someone out of country we will get something worked out.....

Castlebuilder

***Edit*** 03-11-06***

Your in luck, BrushMaster. Antoher member of the forum has generously offered to cover the postage for the "tower/dice roller thingie" to where ever the winner is. Now all you need to do is come up with the winning scenario. ^_^

Castlebuilder

Nah , I was just have a winge ! ::P: Thanks anyway , just feeling left out here in Aussieland , a little down under ! :down::lol:

Sounds like a fun little scenario, but I have a few questions. How do you obtain ale tokens? Is it by killing enemy models? If so, how many tokens do you get per kill? Also, you've described three different ale tokens and their different values, but how do you obtain the different types of ale tokens?

Might want to post this in the scenario contest once you get the wrinkles ironed out.

And through the miracle of Moderation (and Sivrel's okay) it has been done.

And since the commentary here was about that scenario, those posts have also been shifted.

Let's keep seeing some new Scenarios ladies and gentlemen!

It's far from finished, but here is a teaser pic of the Dice Roller Thing-a-ma-Bob Keep that I'm building as the prize. It still needs some pieces added to dress it up and the finished paint job should look a little bit better. ::P: The keep is a little over a foot tall and it really cranks the dice out. It aslo comes apart, so you can use it for gaming terrain too. While it may not be special to non-Hirst Arts builders, the splay (sloped base) is a custom design, and the pieces under the round tower are the first of their kind. Until I build more, this is a truly one of a kind piece.... <_<

The Dice Roller Thing-a-ma-Bob Keep

Castlebuilder

I just submitted two more scenarios to the contest page. They are "The Traitor" and "The Haunted Ruins". I want to go on record that I got these scenarios from Euthanatos at a Warlord event he hosted out in Indianapolis in February 05. I've made modifications to them, but they are still essentially his scenarios. As best I can tell he has dropped off of ReaperGames. I've waited until the end, and since Euthanatos has not submitted the scenarios I am doing it. They are too good not to include them. If the organizers want to exclude these two from voting that's fine with me. My primary goal is that they make it into the final files for everyone to download.

Castlebuilder