Warlord Scenario Contest -- Deadline 04/06/2006

Erion

The contest is at an end, and the prize is nearly finished too. I still need to paint the door and apply some clear coats, but the basic keep is done. Here is a link to a pic of the finished product:

Scenario Contest Prize Keep

All I can say is that some lucky Warlord player is going to really impress his friends when he rolls his dice...........

Castlebuilder

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Contest has ended, voting is closed.

We are doing the administrative part now.

(don't panic if voting thread is AWOL, we have it for admin stuff, it will return shortly)

Winners will be announced very shortly.

Thank you for your patience and participation.

Is it premature to congradulate Stubbdog?

Good work all.

Can we make this an annual thing? Best of the year?

Nope, the top three finishers have been notified by PM. Congratulations Stubbdog, Storminator and Hexxenhammer on your victories (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes respectively)!

Thank you to everyone who submitted a scenario. Hopefully it will not be too long for Erion to compile all of them into a PDF booklet as he offered. I enjoyed reading through all of them, and look forward to trying them all out on the table.

I see absolutely no reason why we cannot make this an annual thing. I cannot guarantee prize support for next year's contest, even still, when we started this, there wasn't anything on the line but bragging rights ^_^ If there is interest next April, we get this going again. I will just need to remember to save a copy of the rules on my computer so I don't have to type them up again :lol: In fact, I just set an alarm on my computer to prompt me next year.

thanks guys.

I never expected to win, especially such a great dice roller that obviously much time was spent on creation. I think everyone needs to give Castlebuilder a round of applause for living up to his name on that one.

I just knew that I had played my scenario a few times and had a blast each time. I kept having situations where I had multiple players and it would always seem to go where someone would charge and someone else would wait to clean up the mess. and someone would get screwed by being placed in the middle. Or worse it would be a four player game and essentailly it became 2 2 player games as people moved most of their forces in one direction or the other.

So, my little scenario was purposefully created to help let multiple player games have fun and break up the routine a bit. It forces people to think completely different on their force creation as you never know where one troop will end up compared to the next when it teleports so that you wont always have one supporting another.

But, then again you could also get the upper hand on someone by teleporting in their rear and charging in quick or barraging them with now in range artillery that might not have been in range a few moents before.

Obviously, anyone who tests out this scenario on a 4x4 table is probably going to be a little disapointed and not get the full feel for spirit behind it.

I have played this on a series of 4 inter connected non square tables and have had anawesome time with it. But, even a large 4x6 or 6x8 could get very interesting if the terrain is there to make it fun. I do hope that you guys will give it a try.

Here is a pic of the tables I created specifically to play this on:

1DSCN0309.jpg

Now that is a sweet looking gaming table! I have already used a variation of Stubbdog's scenario for a game at our local shop. It was quite a fun game.

I think everybody who participated in the scenario contest deserves praise, and so do Qwik and others for running it. I really enjoyed studying the scenarios to make my choice of the best one. It was a very tough decision to make. The number of ideas I got out of the scenarios is really going to make for some interesting games at my FLGS.

Castlebuilder

Now that is a sweet looking gaming table! I have already used a variation of Stubbdog's scenario for a game at our local shop. It was quite a fun game.

I think everybody who participated in the scenario contest deserves praise, and so do Qwik and others for running it. I really enjoyed studying the scenarios to make my choice of the best one. It was a very tough decision to make. The number of ideas I got out of the scenarios is really going to make for some interesting games at my FLGS.

Castlebuilder

Thanks for the votes folks!

I'm going to start using these scenarios in my tournaments. Each round will be a different scenario, so people have to mix up their games.

Lots of fun!

PS

I just confirmed with Erion that he will still be creating the pdf for us, despite taking a break from the boards. Thanks a bunch Erion! ^_^

He has one request. If people have any map or terrain set-ups and you did not include it in the original posting, Erion will be creating set-up maps for the scenarios. Any images that will make the map creation easier would be greatly appreciated. He will be basing maps off those pictures/images.

I have one additional request. Please don't innundate him with questions about when the pdf will be done, how much time, etc. I know we all want the pdf yesterday, but it does take time to put them together. Once it's done, it will still need to pass through the requirements/approval for being posted on Warlord HQ. I will let you know as soon as it's available to folks. Just please have patience. ^_^