Sign in to follow this  
joshuaslater

Gnome subfaction

Okay so we've got Razig and his undead pirates, and soon the Lupine box. What about some Gnomes? Maybe as a subfaction of the Dwarves? It seems that the halflings have Dingo, or whatever his name is for the mercs, but not one Gnome has appeared in the Warlord line. I would like to see them done differently than the Gnomes that appear in the DH line, but even if they were more of the same I think they would be an interesting army. They would utilize different magic (illusion mostly) to confuse their opponents and guide them where they wanted, into the line of fire of archers. Stalwart enough to fight, but not as tough as Dwarves. Maybe falling somewhere between the feel of the Elves and the Dwarves. Thoughts?

As the fluff goes , Halflings are not native to Taltos and therefore very few are ever seen . We may not ever see gnomes as it is uncertain if they are native to Taltos also , we'll just have to wait and see . Personally , I wanted kobolds but I think that fell on deaf ears . :rolleyes:

Kobolds could be cool as a subfaction of Reven? Just because halflings are not native to Taltos doesn't mean Gnomes can't find a home on the map. I was thinking of a subfaction; maybe a limit on how many could be fielded, not rewriting the fluff to include everything.

I dont know,

maybe I'd do it.

Illusioncould be a fun spell it would definetly be a finesse force though

maybe just try one using the generig data cards from the back of the book.

good luck

Gnomes could be cool to counter goblins I guess. Dunno if I would want them to be with Dwarves tho.

Only model request I have if they do Gnomes is a tough as nails Captain with a huge bastard sword that would be broadbladed and almost taller than the Gnome weilding it. Full plate as well..

Razig makes sense as a faction because the ship is like a fighting company. I'm not really down with Lupines or Gnomes being factions. Now having a leader and an elite and a unit of adepts that favor one or two other factions, like for Gnomes, maybe they work with Dwarves or as Mercs or maybe they work for any Good, would be kind of cool. I think a book the size of a faction book with treasures, scenarios, new units and characters and more about the regular people of Taltos would be a welcome addition to the game.

Blame it on the time of night but

"I can't get gnome sub-i-faction"

"but I try and I try"

You get the picture... btw... blame it on GoldenEagle...

Blame it on the time of night but

"but I try and I try"

You get the picture... btw... blame it on GoldenEagle...

:lol::lol::lol:

That is SOOOOO BAD !!!!!! :blink::lol:

You should hang your head in shame for thinking that one up !

I would be down with a Gnomish subfaction. I'm thinking they could team up with the Elves, since they can be foresty.

Halflings may be rare in Taltos, but I think we will see some more - if only to give Dingo a unit of his own kind.

Can't wait for the Lupine subfaction, which I'm pretty sure we will see eventually.

Kobolds would rock. They don't fit with any of the factions though, especially since the Reven book is out already.

Maybe after the Mercinary book is out we will see some "different" choices for armies...

THere are a healthy does of D&D style races that would make excellent sub-factions of factions; we'll have to wait and see if Reaper expands Warlord outside of Taltos once the 10 faction books have been released (assuming we see one for the Mercs), I would think we would amlost certainly see a wider variety of demi-human and montrous humanoid races if that were the case. I'd love to see bug-bears myself.

As for Gnomes as part of the Dwarves, we've talked about this before. I'm ok with it so long as we don't get the cliche Tinkerers that gnomes seem to have become over the last decade. I'd rather just see a single gnome character, or at most an adept unit if they are to be included as part of the Dwarven faction book.

Razig makes sense as a faction because the ship is like a fighting company. I'm not really down with Lupines or Gnomes being factions.

I like the idea of lupines. Go with a "Clan of werewolves fighting company" sort of thing. I don't care either way about gnomes, dwarves are enough short people for me.