Sign in to follow this  
ForceCommander

How big is the Reaper Tyrannosaurus?

Here's the deal, at our FLGS we have a birthday party with all kinds of crazy one-off games as part of the festivities.

My contribution to this is "Zoo Break" wherein the exhibits at the local fantasy zoo have escaped and are rampaging through the town, eating villagers and battling each other.

In the past I've used a mix of GW and Reaper monsters (the villagers have, of course, been the wonderfull townsfolk sets) but I would like to switch to all Reaper.

I want roughly the same size figures, here's what I have so far:

Purple Worm

Turtle Dragon

Lernean Hydra

I'll definitely be getting the Giant Ape Lord, though he is very nearly too large.

If anyone has or could post a pic with the Tyrannosaurus and a human sized fig, I would be MOST greatful

While I'm asking, does the new Wyvern fit in with my other Minis?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Jamie

Not sure on T-Rex, but Bile, the new Wyvern fits on a Giant (2" square) base. He's big, but not outrageously so. The advantage, you wouldn't have to make up a data card for him.

If you're looking for other critters, the Celestial Lion would work pretty handily too.

Data cards aren't actually an issue, I have a quick and dirty system using contested die rolls an abbreviated stat line, and a Villager Buffet Table for determining what happens when you try to devour peasants.

I'm thinking the Celestial Lion is going to be on the small side, unfortunately.

Jamie

You know, with all these dinosaur models Reaper's been putting out, there's almost a Dino Hunt mini-game waiting to happen.

Not for June, Mind you, but maybe for next year's Cabin Fever.

alterative could be the the Carnotaurus #2996.

personally think the new Wyvern might be a tad large compared to the others you have.

celestial lion should match up sizewise okay. consider a griffon in addition.

I agree. The carnotaurus is nice and big, but not extremely so.

Here he is with a 25mm cowboy on a 1 1/2 inch base.

carno02.jpg

I was looking at the Carnotaurus and Velociraptors at my FLGS at lunch....I'm thinking I may do a 'pack' of dinos to terrorize the town, all mounted on a single base. Not terribly accurate I know, but I think the idea is kinda fun.

Jamie

Get.

Out.

Of.

My.

Brain.

Man, I hate not being able to pop in at lunch anymore...

No advice on anything to offer, only that I'm so envious of this "zoo break" game. Really sounds like fun. Cheers.

If you have the means to make it to central PA the weekend after memorial day, I highly recommend stopping by the shop. I'll be posting listings of the Reaper goings-on in the Upcoming events once some things are more solid.

We have our resident slaughterfest GM run people through a kill-and-keep dungeon that uses a whole bunch of Master Maze. Hungry Hungry Hormugaunts. Goblin Olympics. Dragon Wars. Zoo Break. I rebuilt a Space Hulk game that uses 4th ed 40k rules and figures.

Too much one-shot fun gaming to keep track of, really...