Sign in to follow this  
wildbill

1,000 Point Tourney 04/08/2006 Tulsa, OK!

Its just trying to figure out timing and family.

Anyone here with wife and kids knows that they cant just simply "declare" : I am heading to Oklahoma for the day - see ya..

Well, technically you could declare that but then your wife would declare "I'm glad you know someone in Oklahoma because you ain't welcome back here no more!" :lol:

That's cool. I'm not married, but I have friends that are so I understand. I just wasn't sure if my services were needed. I'll just stand back and be a cheerleader instead.

"Go Stubbdog! Go Stubbdog! It's your birthday! It's your party!" :lol::bday::lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

Hey Bill, is there any way we could make this tourney maybe like an hour earlier? The reason I ask is for those of us that are travelling, it will be a long drive back. If not, it's no biggie. Just a question. :grr:

The store doesn't open up until 12 o'clock unfortunately. I tried that a year ago and it failed miserably. We ended up starting at 1 o'clock anyways. :down:

I am going to be there right at noon so I can start laying terrain on the tables. ^_^

As far as driving back goes, if you feel like you are too tired to drive back, or it's too late, I would be willing to offer up my humble abode for wayward travelers. I'll have an extra twin sized bed, a queen sized air mattress, a couch, and of course, the ever uncomfy floor. :B): And it's no trouble at all! I would prefer you to stay with me than fall asleep at the wheel on the drive home!! ::):

well, my wife informed me last night that she has plans for me this weekend, so I will not be able to make it. Apologies.

But, definitely announce the next time as I will defintely make the trip at some point. She did not have a problem with the idea of me going, just this weekend she has the honey do list locked and loaded.

Well, Stubbdog, if it makes you able to come, the tournament is not this coming weekend. It's on April 8th, still a week and a half away!! Hopefully that will enable you to come up. ::):

Don't worry about Nihilus falling asleep. It's only a couple hours drive and I'll be pestering him the whole time about the fact he lost. ::P:

LOL!! That's cool. :lol:

The offer is still open to anyone that needs a place to stay on that Saturday evening instead of attempting a drive home when they shouldn't. ::):

Notice, he said nothing 'bout me getting beat by him. Wonder why? :;): Ask me 'bout it sometime. ::P:

And to get back on topic, the restrictions of the 2,000 pt one troop game... Are there any? You guys have any house rules we need to know?

First of all, I apologize about the delayed response! I've been moving from my tiny crappy little apartment to my new big fabulous house these past several days!! :B):

Anyways, the only restriction on the 2,000 point troop is just that: it's only one (1) troop! All other composition rules apply. That includes the elite to grunt ratio as well. It has to be totally legal. I'm looking for some creativity among everyone!! ::D:

Oh, and since I just remembered: I've gotten asked this by the local players and thought I would pass it on. You ARE NOT allowed to switch army lists between rounds. This includes the final round if you are one of the undefeated players. The only time the army changes is if you are playing in the 2,000 point troop battle (obviously).

So, no, you won't be able to pull out your anti-Crusader list because that's who you happen to playing that round. :devil:

Oh, Bill,

I need to get the list of names again of the guys I played for reporting on Reapergames.

This is what I know:

1. Mark

2. Randy (Elder One)

3. Myca

4. Marlin (Ashford) - his to report

I don't remember Marc or Randy's screen names off of the top of my head. But, Micah's name is Warwick. ::):

Plus, I want to give a big thanks to Stubbdog, Rascal007, and Dark Lord Nihilus for driving all the way to Tulsa (and back home! :blink: ) on Saturday! It was a great turnout with 12 players. I have a ton of pictures that are of course on my computer at home. I'll work on posting some tonight! ::):::):