Discussion on "Wife Swap" 3/13 episode

Orchid_Noir

ABC's reality TV show, Wife Swap, includes a family that uses Reaper Miniatures. Be sure to check your local listings for time and channel.

kit

Um, I'm only part waythrough this, but OMG. I have never watched this show before, doubt I will again.

I have a feeling that if any discussion continues on this that it's going to be moved to the beekeeper's quite swiftly.

Are all of these this "interesting" and is it actually popular enough to stay on the air?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's the sad state of tv shows these days.

haven't watched primetime shows in a long time, not that I really have really, just nothing catches my eye anymore.

Really the only tv I watch is a little it of espn or espnnews & maybe DIY (depending on what's on).

RM

People seem to like watching shows where people degrade themselves on national television (think talk shows like Jerry Springer). Sort of like watching a train wreck or accident. I guess part of it is thinking "boy, there are people who are more pathetic/crazy/stupid than me" and another part is akin to why the Colliseum spectacles were popular.

What amazes me is that people willingly go on shows where they should pretty well be aware that there is a high likelihood that they will be made to look foolish at best.

I watched about 5 minutes of this one, shook my head, and thought "uh, I'm not sure that I'd want Reaper Miniatures to be associated with this one..."

There is one "reality" series that I watch regularly (Animal Cops: Houston) and that's mainly because I know the folks involved. Still interesting to compare reality vs. what is shown on the show, especially when I know a bit about the cases (in real life).

Ron

Was it as bad as that nutball "Darksided!" lady who screamed all the time?

What did the poor mini do? Was it possessed by satan?

Hopefully I can get an answer before this gets schleped to Beekeepers.

I think I've seen clips of that first nutter online somewhere.

Anytime anything not belonging to our modern times was mentioned she was gong to smash a mini. Went along with having to take down all period decorations, displayed weapons, etc... Standard case of people taking things too far to the extreme. (on both sides IMHO)

Orchid - who will still be avoiding all future episodes (insert green ill looking emoticon here)

I don't have any television reception here so I'm limited to DVD's (not such a bad thing I'm finding!) So I've never seen the show but I've read about it some. I'm guessing that in this case an extremely hard core religious wife was sent to live with an extremely hard core gaming family? And she really smashed a mini? :blink:

I saw that "darkside" lady. I got a good laugh out of it, but decided never to watch it again. Same with most "reality" tv, except for stuff like Trauma: Life in the ER, and the Animal Cops shows. And that new one on Discovery about the guy surviving in the wilderness. I guess you could call them educational reality shows.

This would be one of the reasons why I don't own a TV. It's also one of the reasons the only TV I even watch on a limited basis is the News on my Parents' TV.

About the only thing I've found TV good for is putting me to sleep.

My take on reality shows: Hollywood couldn't come up with anything original and unique to get ratings and cash so they decided to dredge Reality shows out of the crevasses of their collective brains. The unfortunate side of all this is there are people who actually watch them.

I watched a couple episodes of "Survivor" when it first came out at Mom's request. It sucked so I stopped watching it. I saw an episode of "Biggest Loser" and shook my head in disbelief. "Fear Factor" just made my insides roil and the brain rot.

After that I decided it was a great thing that I don't watch TV. If this is all Hollywood can come up with to create entertainment these days, I'm better off without a TV.

• Like 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! She smashed a mini!!!

yes, she did, with a hammer.

it looked like one of the snake men from the DHL line to me.

I would actually like to see this just so I can observe this woman's logic about squishing the mini.

One family lived a "medieval" lifestyle. Kids were homeschooled by mom, typically clothing was garb, RPGs were a family activity. Think living Ren Faire daily in a house.

Other Mom when given her chance to set "rules" to try to change the first family, decided all things medieval had to be removed from their lives. If the Father spoke about medieval/did anything medieval(something, not real clear here, got caught up in the smashing that followed) a "little metal fellow" would get smashed with a hammer. And then she demonstrated.