Giant Burrowing Worm

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That version is much cooler than the last one. Most burrowing creatures attack from underground, so it also makes more sense this way, as well as simply being more impressive.

Thank You! I agree When I started this guy I was very very new to GS and now I'm getting a better grasp of it. Coming out of the ground is better! :blush:

Nice work Tickles. You're putting together some great work. In the event you're looking for critiques, the one critique I would have is that the skin looks too "tooled". Some advice I remember from one of the Shiflett brothers (I think it was one of them) was that when it's too evident how you made a texture, it takes away from the composition. In this case, the skin looks too much to me as if it's been pressed into with various diameters of hollow tubing, because of the uniformity of the bumps produced and the impressions the tubing makes around each bump. That aside, I think it's a great creature. The inside of the mouth is awesome.

Nice work Tickles. You're putting together some great work. In the event you're looking for critiques, the one critique I would have is that the skin looks too "tooled". Some advice I remember from one of the Shiflett brothers (I think it was one of them) was that when it's too evident how you made a texture, it takes away from the composition. In this case, the skin looks too much to me as if it's been pressed into with various diameters of hollow tubing, because of the uniformity of the bumps produced and the impressions the tubing makes around each bump. That aside, I think it's a great creature. The inside of the mouth is awesome.

I agree about it being "tooled" This was my first big monster in GS and I did think of that. I'm almost done with a sea monster or serpent and I used different odd shapes for the texture. I'll probably be done by tommorrow so i'll be sure to post it! thanks again! Everyone!