Are you paint particular?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO I say make the model your own by doing whatever colors you want.

Thus I painted Judas w/blonde hair and a blue cape....

:blink:

otherwise you might as well play historical miniature games where all the uniforms are the same colors and you get to paint hundreds of them.... :unsure:

I'm going with my Darkspawn to try to copy the box cover, but not for any reason than I tried my own scheme and it didn't work. I can barely handle flesh tones as it is, though I'm gettin' better, but I thought that a dark purple skin tone would be a challenge. I'm changing a few things from the box cover to give them my own spin, but sometimes it's nice to use a guide.

Cheers.

P.S. If this is one's biggest problem, then life is pretty good.

Paint your elves green skinned.

I have to admit my one of my biggest beefs with GW is in fact that people have fits if you paint your armies unusual colours. I love unique armies, if it doesn't quite fit the fluff, who cares, it doesn't affect the rules.

Hey just look at my guard, they've got feathers, and dancing girls will make an appearance on their tanks. My friend have all already told me I'm nuts, but I love my guard, so nuts to my friends who don't like them.

I have to admit my one of my biggest beefs with GW is in fact that people have fits if you paint your armies unusual colours. I love unique armies, if it doesn't quite fit the fluff, who cares, it doesn't affect the rules.

It's not really GW per se. It's a minority of the people that play the game. That being said, it is often the same people that staff their stores. If you don't swallow the GW kool-aid, it's hard to get hired there.

Maybe you need a different store. There are plenty of people out there that play the game, and rejoice in unusual color schemes. Warhammer Ogres are supposed to be greyish. I painted mine bright green, with purple pants, going for the Hulk look. It works suprisingly well.

I have a kid come in with pink Chaos Space Marines. I mean Bright Pink. He does it for two reasons: First, his opponents tend to underestimate him. "Gawd, how can a kid painting pink space marines have any clue?" Second, he gets great satisfaction out of telling his defeated opponents that they got schooled by a pink army. Usually his opponents take the joke well, and frankly, those that don't can go play in a GW store.

I have a kid come in with pink Chaos Space Marines. I mean Bright Pink. He does it for two reasons: First, his opponents tend to underestimate him. "Gawd, how can a kid painting pink space marines have any clue?" Second, he gets great satisfaction out of telling his defeated opponents that they got schooled by a pink army. Usually his opponents take the joke well, and frankly, those that don't can go play in a GW store.

That is too AWESOME!!! I totally love that as an idea! I had toyed with having my Dwarves painted pink and bright green, but instead they are getting painted a dark red. For a little while they almost looked like little Santa Clauses running around. :lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

I saw a woman at one of our local stores with a purple Lizardman army for warhammer. She had taken her big kroxa-somethin-or-other and greenstuffed him to look like barney. The best part of it was, since she was using the GW model (although heavily converted) it was still tourney legal. She would go play with all those "kool-aid drinkers" and wipe them off the table with her barney army.

When we were doing GW (what seems like ages ago), one of the reasons my husband liked the skinks was that he could paint them dang near any color, and no one could really complain much...after he showed them what some real poison dart frogs looked like. He ended up doing a bunch in BRIGHT orange! (Oh, and those big guys were kroxigors.)

Guess who just picked up a Reptus box...and is again trying to figure out what colors to use on them. ::P:

I did my dark elves with anime-style hair -- pink, or blue, or purple -- people thought they were a bit weird. (Or that I was a bit weird, or both...no biggie.)

I'm thinking my Razig's co. will feature purples. :wub: purples...

Heh, I'm a freelance painter fer Reaper & most o' my armies are going to be something other than the box-cover color schemes (and everyone at Reaper is encouraging this).

Do what ya gotta do to make the army yours!

My crusaders are Crimson/Red, Gold & White... there *is* a schism going on after all!!! My reven are being done with brown skin-tone(s), my Necro's will probably be standard... purples, crimsons, gold ... but I'm not done so I'll be able to do something funky with 'em.

My Reptus will have brown desert lizard skintones & orange & turquoise accouterments....

Do whatcha gotta do!

My elves are done primarily in blacks and greys. their sashes are different colors so that you can tell that all of these warriros (red sashes) are in the same troop.

I agree, why be normal. Elves are alwasy depicted as the green woodies people. But the Elves of Taltos are more militant, so I see them as sneaking around in the dark doing their best to tame the land.

I've currently started my spring mini exchange figure, a <BLEEP>, in fairly standard colors. Since I don't know the mini's future owner's sense of humor, I'm going to forgo my first inspiration, but I may go and buy a second <BLEEP> and paint it with a <BLEEP> <BLEEP> pattern. Would amuse the hell out of me on the gameboard, but probably shouldn't inflict it on someone else without gauging their sense of humor first. :B):

My Reven so far are in fairly standard colors. Boring, yes, but I think that the colors work quite well (which is, no doubt, why they were chosen). My next group will probably be Crusaders, and those will probably be in standard colors as well (because I like those blues).

I *love* the Barney lizard men idea, though I'd be afraid that, if I had a Barney Reptus army, they'd be marked for death by everyone else in a multi-player game (at least those who were parents).

Ron